Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
I'm not at my coach so I can't test but I typically use the Pepwave Router app. Not sure if this is a new app but something worth checking out for those that use Peplink/Pepwave routers. If anyone has any info to share on this app please do.

I tried a couple of times to make this go and ended up opening a ticket as it could not validate the serial number. You need your device's serial number, which can be obtained from the admin console. I also got no internet available from the router but I am connected to it via my laptop and iPhone. It is good to have both close by. More to come.

I have not been able to finish the process completely. It recognizes the serial number and goes through the steps until it says no internet on the router, but I know I do as I have both the laptop and iPhone connected to the router wireless SSID. I did a speed test from both. When I attempt to connect to wifi inside the app, it says it cannot locate 92_C for which I do not see any SSID with that ID. I have opened a ticket with support.

Got in the coach yesterday to head to Gaffney for FL service which is where I'm sitting now a day ahead of schedule to avoid the eastern storms. I tried the Peplink app and wish I didn't! Yes, it works, I think you have to have your Pepwave registered in InControl (cloud management) for this app to work. As I do use InControl it worked for me.

The app still doesn't provide enough control such as simply rebooting the device if needed. It's more of a viewer. However, WARNING WARNING WARNING, it overwrote all of my outbound rules from InControl that now manages the rules. I'll have to figure out how to revert this and/or rebuild my rules sadly and also need to check my FusionHub config. Ugh!

Stick with the Pepwave Router control app, it's the "local" control app, I think the Peplink app is a cloud control app via InControl.

I was going to turn off app control from InControl and bail out but it seems I've crossed the bridge too far and I'm going to leave it as is and try to figure out the app going forward. Right now I just need to figure out my outbound policy setup and control of that. Never a dull moment in the land of tech :)

That would explain why it’s not working for me as I don’t use incontrol. I’ll leave it alone since there is marginal benefit.

I ended up enabling incontrol and the app connected as @Neal stated above. I don't have any outbound rules set up so it may work fine for my needs. Handy when you need it. @Neal what is the purpose of the outbound rules for you?

I use them to direct traffic to my FusionHub VPN. This is how I keep Apple TV (YouTube TV) thinking it’s in VA.

Last edited:
I use the Peplink In Control app, which gives an app version of in Control website. All of my routers (I think five at the moment plus a paid fusion hub) are managed through in control. If you don't pay for in control/prime net, not sure about access.

Latest resources

Back