• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Tip Getting Connected On The Road video

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Awesome video! Thanks for trying to make it so simple.

In reading the forums, it appears to me, that a significant amount of the people having issues with connectivity are those who pay for the equipment, but, try to get by without a legitimate SIM card. Why someone would pay hundreds of dollars for a cellular modem & try to feed it on the 'cheap' escapes me.
Kind of a good point, isn’t it? I’ll say that it’s just more than trying to get “cheap” internet. A legitimate SIM card should be just that; a SIM card that you pay monthly for internet. But, some carriers make that awfully overpriced when the term “HotSpot”, or mobile internet words are used.

I’m hopeful that it gets better and not more restrictive.

@CaptainGizmo
That video is well done. Are you running off the antennas on the pepwave to get your signal or do you have antennas up on the roof?

@CaptainGizmo Thanks for the response to my last questions. I have one more. I'm not sure what the "SpeedFusion" subscription does for me or more to my concern to me if I don't maintain the subscription. Will I need to maintain the SpeedFusion subscription to have the router functionality you cover in the video, i.e. 2 modems operating at once, multi carrier, ability to have WIFI as WAN, etc. ?

@CaptainGizmo
That video is well done. Are you running off the antennas on the pepwave to get your signal or do you have antennas up on the roof?
Thank you. Yes using the STOCK antennas which are MORE than enough!

@CaptainGizmo Thanks for the response to my last questions. I have one more. I'm not sure what the "SpeedFusion" subscription does for me or more to my concern to me if I don't maintain the subscription. Will I need to maintain the SpeedFusion subscription to have the router functionality you cover in the video, i.e. 2 modems operating at once, multi carrier, ability to have WIFI as WAN, etc. ?
No. You will have NO NEED to maintain the SF sub. It provides a level of redundancy and “Hot Failover” that most RV travelers will never need or use. It’s more for those who can’t ever tolerate any latency or interruptions in their service; like critical tasks, finance, public safety, trading, etc.

A PepWave Transit Duo will function with two modems, yet use just one carrier at a time when normally configured without SF. True “bonding” of both carriers and instant changeover is why you would sub to SF.

Bottom line is, if you don’t know what it is, I guarantee you don’t need it and why I didn’t talk about it in the video.

And, further info, @Someday Came , I just verified with 5Gstore.com that in order for you to continue using the benefits of SpeedFusion, you must also maintain the PrimeCare warranty/license, which is another $200/yr.

FYI..... PrimerCare annual warranty/license varies by product. It is substantially less per year for my MAX Transit Cat-18.
I struggled on making a purchase decision between the MAX Transit DUO & the MAX Transit CAT-18. After a year and a half of usage, so far, I do not regret my purchase of the CAT-18.

FYI..... PrimerCare annual warranty/license varies by product. It is substantially less per year for my MAX Transit Cat-18.
I struggled on making a purchase decision between the MAX Transit DUO & the MAX Transit CAT-18. After a year and a half of usage, so far, I do not regret my purchase of the CAT-18.
Thank you. I’m still attempting to keep my answers in line with my video to avoid confusing viewers. So I’m still referring to the TRANSIT DUO.

Latest resources

Back