• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Getting New GPS

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The only part I don't like with the 770 is at fuel stops. It seems it's decided on a reroute when you get off the highway (freeway for left coasters) and when you leave the fuel stop it doesn't want to get you back to the high/free-way. You have to ignore it and find your way back to the interchange and then it will work. What I have not tried is after fueling up forcing it to recalculate, and not sure if it has that option. May have to stop and restart the route from the recent list.

That’s where Waze come handy

The only part I don't like with the 770 is at fuel stops. It seems it's decided on a reroute when you get off the highway (freeway for left coasters) and when you leave the fuel stop it doesn't want to get you back to the high/free-way. You have to ignore it and find your way back to the interchange and then it will work. What I have not tried is after fueling up forcing it to recalculate, and not sure if it has that option. May have to stop and restart the route from the recent list.

I've not had that happen. I leave the Garmin on, whenever stopped. Fuel up, and leave, it redirects me back to the route, Interstate, etc.

Mine has seemingly had a warning, like a " red triangle " pop up prior to the overpass or bridge!
Has caused no issues, BUT, I do always look at road signs, etc, while driving.
To me, attention to the road is 100% while driving!
Thanks Jabber Jaw, that's what I was wondering.

Well, I have two days of running the 770. I am liking it! Jabber Jaw, the 770 does give you a warning about a potential clearance issue when not ona route, but it offered no alternative. I like the advanced notice of the curves and the downhill grades that it did show me. It missed a few grades, but overall I am really happy with it!

Latest resources

Back