Gone and done it . . .

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Nice coach - Congrats Jim!!
If you haven't already done so, get the VIN and contact Newmar CS and ask for the build sheet for that coach. That will tell you everything about the coach.
I did that and got it for my 2000 Dutch Star!

You might try Ron.

Ronald L. Jarvie
Certified Insurance Counselor
Overland Insurance Services
Phone: 480-994-9584 or 800-677-4027
Fax: 480-994-0448 or 800-468-1158

www.rvins.com * [email protected]
@Jim ... Ron has also handled our coach insurance for the past 6 years or so as well. If not too late, it might be worth checking with him.

FLSteve

@Jim when is delivery? Where are our pictures of that event? Is Trish going to take pictures of you driving it from the drone?

@Jim when is delivery? Where are our pictures of that event? Is Trish going to take pictures of you driving it from the drone?
Before I pick it up, the dealership is doing a full detail and Freightliner is going to do the yearly service. Also, there was a broken tile on the side of the full wall slide. That was concerning as, from what I've been told, that is a common sign of the FWS issue that 2016 & 2017 London Aire's suffered
from. (Other models as well.)

This particular coach has already had the "fix" at the factory, but it was still concerning and a Newmar rep came out and looked at it. He took some pictures and sent them back to Newmar for their opinion.

So right now, I don't know if the tile was broken before the repair, and just not replaced, or if the tile has broken again because on an additional problem.

If it turns out there is a problem, then the coach will need to go to the mother ship for repair before I pick it up. So right now, I'm in limbo. I get updates on the progress, but don't expect to hear anything more until Monday.

When the time comes, I'll fly out and make the return trip solo. Trish is nursing our older German Shepherd, (12 years old) and there is no way for him to travel at this time.

Last edited:
@Jim where is there?

The full wall slide and breaking tile is an issue that still goes on today with HWH hydraulic slides. It could be a solenoid or hydraulic issue, from what I've heard.

Right in the heart of @Neal winter wonderland. If he sends you a coach warming gift of autosocks return to sender. I repeat return to sender.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back