• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Gone and done it . . .

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
As a stand alone policy on an RV of that value, seems close to what we have seen as full-timers (actually seen a bunch higher when adding in personal liability that usually is part of home-owners).

Our experience has been RV is much better when bundled with homeowners and auto. Home owner, RV and auto is less than just full-time RV and Auto.

Our current provider is Nationwide for the bundle.

So the reality of it all starts to sink in. Called my insurance agent for a quote. Let's just say, I wasn't all that impressed. But maybe that's the going cost these days.
This is my current coverage

1661879077494.png

1661879096578.png

and I'm at $2952.07 with Nationwide.

I pay lower because I have home, auto and umbrella through them.

ASK and make sure you have windshield replacement (glass) coverage. Mine did not until I asked and it was added. It costs 4-5 drones to replace the windshield!

+1 on what @sheridany told you, that's who I use as well, they are good. Your quote is not much more than what I'm paying, would you like to pay for my airplane insurance for a year? That may help you feel better!

ASK and make sure you have windshield replacement (glass) coverage. Mine did not until I asked and it was added. It costs 4-5 drones to replace the windshield!

+1 on what @sheridany told you, that's who I use as well, they are good. Your quote is not much more than what I'm paying, would you like to pay for my airplane insurance for a year? That may help you feel better!
Oh so I actually just asked last week and was told I had full glass on mine which I remember asking for. The agent told me that ALL windows are covered. Does that sound even possible?? I thought it was only glass for the driving cab area? I have a bunch of busted seals on some window, does anyone know if that would be covered?

The agent told me that ALL windows are covered. Does that sound even possible?? I thought it was only glass for the driving cab area? I have a bunch of busted seals on some window, does anyone know if that would be covered?
A good candidate for a new thread so the topic is available for others to learn from about insurance and glass coverage.

A good candidate for a new thread so the topic is available for others to learn from about insurance and glass coverage.
Moving it...

Not sure what “other than collision” covers and/or excludes but at $2000/year you might find that you can go self insured on that part and just try not to bang it up. That may include your windshield, but in two years you would have spend enough on that coverage to pay for one yourself. So, something to look into. Also your deductibles are low and that makes a big difference in coverage cost.

So here's an interesting and undesired update. My agent tried to print the application and got an "underwriting Error" from Foremost. Apparently Newmar London Aire Motorhomes are being flagged because of High Claims and for the fact that they are very expensive to fix when they are in an accident.

So Formost will not give us full coverage. She checked with National General and Progressive and again, they will not insure with full coverage either.

Auto Owners will issue full coverage, but it's a $1,000 more than the quote above, and that's if you pay the entire amount at one time. So now, coverage is worming its way on up to $5,124.44 a year.

I better not wait too long! The way this is going, I might not be able to even get insurance tomorrow. :eek:

Final update.

Changing the Comprehensive deductible from $250 up to $1,000, saves me almost $1,200 a year. So the insurance scramble has ended and the winning bid is $3,839.45 a year, with a $1,000 deductible.

Funny how I'm feeling like I won the lottery and still have to pay $4K a year. lol

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back