• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Good or Bad, Marketplace works...

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
The bad thing about selling for cash is that if it's over $10k, the bank gets really nervous about the origin due to reporting regulations. It's not illegal (yet) for you to sell a car for cash, but you might have to make that deposit in increments over time unless the buyer can provide some type of verification on the origin of the funds. It's a crazy world where cash isn't always king anymore.
My bank had no issues accepting 150 hundred dollar bills. Maybe because I towed the Jeep to the bank, the bank did the notarizing of the paperwork, etc

I got barely any response on facebook marketplace for my Montana so I posted a $5 craigslist ad and sold it the next day.

I've got an rds aux tank/toolbox and a curt 20k 5th wheel hitch on facebook marketplace right now and the chiselers are coming out of the woodwork. Half of the messages are the facebook software Is This Available button. Hell yes it's available dimwit or I'd have taken down the ad.
That’s not a given. I have to admit I send out a lot of “is this available” because roughly 2/3 were sold weeks ago. Why waste time typing questions for that item, if it’s gone?

I think what we need to remember is this is all VERY market and area dependent. I would say the only easy takeaway from this is if your not getting response on one platform move on.

Also Facebook should require people to respond within 1 biz day to messages and if they don't it should put ads on hold to prevent people just leaving ads up.

I took my FB ad down as soon as the deal was completed. I was being inundated with responses so I took the ad down quickly out of convenience on my part.

Some have mentioned scammers, which has become the standard on Craig's List, and fortunately, I didn't get one scammer or low ballers on FB.

I also might be considered a lowballer ?
But I see prices on the same exact model ranging a span of $100,000 or more BETWEEN asking prices.
I have a general idea of an average covid-price from studying the market..
so if it has been on the market for a while, I just offer what it's worth to me, which is usually 6 to 10% less than their asking. Not only do I have to take into account what repairs I know are needed, I have to consider whether I can actually get the work done in today's labor market.
There's a lot of RVs for sale out there.
I can't blame the owners but I do get a little tired of the greedy ones Who really don't have anything special. (And low mileage is not that special to me on a 7-year-old rv - I can't help it that they didn't use their expensive toy - it's still old and WILL need repairs ?)

I was asking $14,000 for my Jeep and sold it for $15,000. I would consider $10,000 a lowball offer.

I was asking $14,000 for my Jeep and sold it for $15,000. I would consider $10,000 a lowball offer.
I'm curious, why did he offer 1K more than you were asking?

Jeeps are in high demand and this one had less than 47,000 miles. The interior and body were perfect. The buyer was actually a used car dealer and I saw it listed on his website 2 days later for $19,900. I don't know what it sold for but it was marked sold after 3 days. I probably listed it too low but I listed it for what that year Jeeps were selling for but they were always 100,000 miles plus.

Latest resources

Back