• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Good Red Wines?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Anyone familiar with Frog's Leap? One of our guests from last year referred this to me, although his budget is probably a bit larger than mine.

frogs_leap_estate_cab_17mv_750.jpg

Frogs Leap is a respected and dependable winery. The Rutherford Valley is just North of Napa (within the Napa Valley AVA) and produces some very fine wines.

Anyone familiar with Frog's Leap? One of our guests from last year referred this to me, although his budget is probably a bit larger than mine.

frogs_leap_estate_cab_17mv_750.jpg
We have tasted there in the past and enjoyed their wines very much.

Frogs Leap is a respected and dependable winery. The Rutherford Valley is just North of Napa (within the Napa Valley AVA) and produces some very fine wines.
We have tasted there in the past and enjoyed their wines very much.
Well Awesome! Looks like I now have a new winery to follow. (y)

Last edited:
lol, yes, I guess I am. Do you know anything about this one?

The big problem in my area is we have no place to buy wine except at the local grocery store. Ingles does a good job of stocking their wine selection, but still, it would be nice to go to go somewhere that specialized in wine sales.
You might want to give the Walt wine club a try. You can get as little as 2 bottles of Pinot Noir sent to you a few times a year, and you can cancel at any time. Consistently good wine. Judy D

We had this with a batch of gourmet chicken wings, med hot, and served on our best paper plates. :) The wine though, was served in our best wine glasses, and in my opinion it was about what you expect from an inexpensive red wine. ($23.00)

I sure hope I don't hurt anyone's feelings, but it didn't have any attributes to write home about. Well, not in my opinion anyway.

dscn0324-jpg.16540
I'm have to update my previous review. I went back and had another glass of this and I'm liking it much more than the first night. Probably need to get another one and see how it goes!

Try this inexpensive wine if you can find it. Seriously good for the $.

Anyone familiar with Frog's Leap?
One of the better wineries in the Napa Valley. I also like Failla and one of my better favorites is Turley.

Since we’re on the subject of favorites:
also:
Both family run, estate vineyards, both have reasonably priced wines for Napa Valley. Also both are well worth a tour if you are in the area.

As I mentioned earlier, I’m not typically a big fan of sweet wines, but this is something my local winery (Naggiar Vineyards & Winery | Grass Valley California) really got right. Thinking about this thread, I opened a bottle. We grow Petit Sirah and Petit Verdot for Naggiar.
9187B008-070C-43DF-9435-86F0E55021C4.jpeg

Latest resources

Back