• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Good Sam Membership

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Too late. Perhaps your park should be closer to Highlands? They sound like the kind of people you would want.

Good Sam gives a whopping 10% off. That doesn't even cover the taxes. As for the "wrong crowd", I'm pretty sure that you would consider me one of those. Do you have any idea how elitist you sound? Just because someone isn't perceived to be in your tax bracket doesn't make them criminals, druggies and/or perverts. You can be filthy rich and still be a criminal, druggie and/or pervert.
10% is 10% and I’ll gladly accept it.
For me the disappointment has been GS ratings that do not accurately depict the conditions of the campground
A have found that a lot of GS rated campgrounds have an inordinate amount of full time tenants. Does this mean they are bad people, no but they are clearly looking for different things in the campground. In most cases there is a lot of clutter around their RV. Also in these parks the rules requiring the RV’s to meet a certain standard are lax. Some Examples : added on residential window AC units, storage sheds and box’s, overgrown plants, multiple vehicles and is some cases tarps covering leaky roofs.

Last edited:
Several years ago when the still had Rallies they offered a Lifetime membership for a reasonable price. So we are now life time members.
I don’t look for GS campground but always ask if they are to get discount.
Discounts at Pilot Flying J. Discounts and Camping world.
I also use there trip planner. Use to get on their forum but change format and hard to navigate now

Too late. Perhaps your park should be closer to Highlands? They sound like the kind of people you would want.

Good Sam gives a whopping 10% off. That doesn't even cover the taxes. As for the "wrong crowd", I'm pretty sure that you would consider me one of those. Do you have any idea how elitist you sound? Just because someone isn't perceived to be in your tax bracket doesn't make them criminals, druggies and/or perverts. You can be filthy rich and still be a criminal, druggie and/or pervert.

I'm going to assume that you've never owned an RV park. If you have, you know exactly what I'm saying and what I mean when I say it. If you don't, then it's probably because you look at parks differently than the owner looks at it.

I am tired of entitled people who feel that because they rented a motel room, RV site, camp site, or whatever, that it is theirs to do with as they please. And that cleaning it up when they leave is not their problem, it's the owner's. I try hard to bring in the type of clientelle that understands being respectful, and who understand the 1st rule of camping. "Leave it better than you found it."

From purely a statistical viewpoint, the majority of people who spend $70 a night seldom ever leave their campsite dirty. They clean up the sinks, they wipe down the counter, they empty the trash container, and they pick up after themselves.

Those who spend $40 a night almost always leave the trash behind, they toss their plastic sewer gloves in the firepit along with some half-burned aluminum cans, etc. I think you get the picture.

I'm not a psychologist, so I can't tell you what makes one group of people respect someone's property so much more than another. But it's a fact that it happens that way. And if you feel you need to call me out for mentioning it, then have at it.

I own this campground. I built it and I paid 100% of it out of my pocket. I go the extra mile to make my guests visit as top-notch as possible. As such, I take a dim view of people who disrespect my investment, especially after I've worked so hard to keep it nice for the people who visit.

If you're Deer Springs camper, you get it. If you don't get it, you don't need to come here.

10% is 10% and I’ll gladly accept it.
For me the disappointment has been GS ratings that do not accurately depict the conditions of the campground
You do know that those ratings can be bought. Just like the old Woodall's directory ratings. Back in the early 1980's, my husband and I were tent camping in Blairsville GA at a cg that had new (idealistic) owners. While we were there, the Woodall's reps pulled in to review the park. They did the inspection told the the new owners what the rating would be and then hit them with the "upgrade" if they bought an ad and/or paid them more money. Those poor people were almost crying. And this was a very nice little park. One of the GS parks here was inspected twice while we were living there (after 2010 sometime). One of the managers was a friend (and is living in my current park). She told me they charge for upgraded reviews.

You do know that those ratings can be bought. Just like the old Woodall's directory ratings. Back in the early 1980's, my husband and I were tent camping in Blairsville GA at a cg that had new (idealistic) owners. While we were there, the Woodall's reps pulled in to review the park. They did the inspection told the the new owners what the rating would be and then hit them with the "upgrade" if they bought an ad and/or paid them more money. Those poor people were almost crying. And this was a very nice little park. One of the GS parks here was inspected twice while we were living there (after 2010 sometime). One of the managers was a friend (and is living in my current park). She told me they charge for upgraded reviews.
Of course

Anyone have a Good Sam membership? Or had one in the past? Did you primarily look for, and frequent parks that accepted the membership?
We did have GS at one time, before it was acquired by CW. The magazine was interesting and we did use it for various discounts but since the CW take over, any value/benefits have been eliminated. The net prices after the 10% discount at CW are still higher than Walmart or Amazon and the "trailer parks" offering a GS discount are not places we'd stay. As for the parks with high ratings..... the ratings can be had for a price.... which the consumer ultimately pays. Your assessment of the $70 camper vs the $40 camper is bang on accurate!

Anyone have a Good Sam membership? Or had one in the past? Did you primarily look for, and frequent parks that accepted the membership?
W had it and just didn't feel the benefit was worth it to us. We use Mudflap for fuel discounts it is the best app I have found for that. Also we usually do not stay at RV parks so it was of little help to us.

I'm going to assume that you've never owned an RV park. If you have, you know exactly what I'm saying and what I mean when I say it. If you don't, then it's probably because you look at parks differently than the owner looks at it.

I am tired of entitled people who feel that because they rented a motel room, RV site, camp site, or whatever, that it is theirs to do with as they please. And that cleaning it up when they leave is not their problem, it's the owner's. I try hard to bring in the type of clientelle that understands being respectful, and who understand the 1st rule of camping. "Leave it better than you found it."

From purely a statistical viewpoint, the majority of people who spend $70 a night seldom ever leave their campsite dirty. They clean up the sinks, they wipe down the counter, they empty the trash container, and they pick up after themselves.

Those who spend $40 a night almost always leave the trash behind, they toss their plastic sewer gloves in the firepit along with some half-burned aluminum cans, etc. I think you get the picture.

I'm not a psychologist, so I can't tell you what makes one group of people respect someone's property so much more than another. But it's a fact that it happens that way. And if you feel you need to call me out for mentioning it, then have at it.

I own this campground. I built it and I paid 100% of it out of my pocket. I go the extra mile to make my guests visit as top-notch as possible. As such, I take a dim view of people who disrespect my investment, especially after I've worked so hard to keep it nice for the people who visit.

If you're Deer Springs camper, you get it. If you don't get it, you don't need to come here.
And I used to live in Franklin for many years. My kids were born there. I still have family there. I know locals who have met you. [mod edit: violation of site terms 5 & 6]. I wouldn't stay in your park if you paid me. I follow the "Leave No Trace" and I don't trash places. I also pay UNDER $40 per night. I've owned land that backed up to the Nantahala NF. I've camped extensively in the surrounding forests. Respecting the land has nothing to do with money.

Last edited by a moderator:
And I used to live in Franklin for many years. My kids were born there. I still have family there. I know locals who have met you. [mod edit: violation of site terms 5 & 6]. I wouldn't stay in your park if you paid me. I follow the "Leave No Trace" and I don't trash places. I also pay UNDER $40 per night. I've owned land that backed up to the Nantahala NF. I've camped extensively in the surrounding forests. Respecting the land has nothing to do with money.
I get the feeling that perhaps, someone hasn't taken their meds today?

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back