Good TPMS?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
This looks great. Wonder if there are range issues with toads
I haven’t had any. @VTPete also has it. There is a 50’ antenna lead that I ran through the basement and it stops in the last compartment right before the drive tires. That picks up the TOAD tires for me

Last edited:
I use TST, all are flow throughs except on the inner dually tire stems as they don't seem to work well there with longer valve stems (weight). I would not get flow thru's again, easy enough to just twist them off and they are lighter. I do use a repeater in the half bath on my 40ft motorhome. Works great, highly recommend, I have no experience with others.

Thanks, what are flow through’s? I am familiar with the ones that you screw on after filling.

Thanks, what are flow through’s? I am familiar with the ones that you screw on after filling.
It is a type of TPMS that allows you to connect to a schrader valve on the end of it to fill your tire without having to remove the TPMS sensor.

And like everywhere else, they raised their prices it seems. Used to be $50 I believe.

I haven’t had any. @VTPete also has it. There is a 50’ antenna lead that I ran through the basement and it stops in the last compartment right before the drive tires. That picks up the TOAD tires for me
Pressure Pro has worked well for me. I like that it works via Bluetooth to my phone or tablet vs a dedicated device.

I use TST, all are flow throughs except on the inner dually tire stems as they don't seem to work well there with longer valve stems (weight). I would not get flow thru's again, easy enough to just twist them off and they are lighter. I do use a repeater in the half bath on my 40ft motorhome. Works great, highly recommend, I have no experience with others.
Do you use the repeater because you also have them on your toad? I didn't think I'd need the repeater on this motorhome (not buying any more to put on the silverado, it has rubber stems and don't want to take a chance).

Do you use the repeater because you also have them on your toad? I didn't think I'd need the repeater on this motorhome (not buying any more to put on the silverado, it has rubber stems and don't want to take a chance).
The repeater is not a necessity weather you are monitoring the toad or not. On my previous 36’ DP I didn’t need it. On my 40’ DS with a tag I do. It just all depends on your rv & setup. Try it without the repeater. If it works, fine. It can always be added later.
As for not putting the sensors on your Silverado, that is a real mistake to me. You will never know if you have a flat until you see smoke coming from the toad’s wheel/tire burning. Just use the small button (non flo-thru) sensors with the security shells removed and there should be no problem with the rubber stems. I have pulled two different toads over a 100,000 miles with sensors on rubber stems with no problems.

The repeater is not a necessity weather you are monitoring the toad or not. On my previous 36’ DP I didn’t need it. On my 40’ DS with a tag I do. It just all depends on your rv & setup. Try it without the repeater. If it works, fine. It can always be added later.
As for not putting the sensors on your Silverado, that is a real mistake to me. You will never know if you have a flat until you see smoke coming from the toad’s wheel/tire burning. Just use the small button (non flo-thru) sensors with the security shells removed and there should be no problem with the rubber stems. I have pulled two different toads over a 100,000 miles with sensors on rubber stems with no problems.
I appreciate your experience, I went to the tst site and it says "for rubber or metal valve stems". I had it stuck in my mind I needed metal stems, I guess because when I had a destructive blowout on my old Windjammer years ago I made sure the tire installers used metal stems so I could install a tpms, something I read on the internet somewhere I guess.

I have the tst507 cap sensors, non flow through, I took the 4 off the Montana I sold and bought 4 more to have enough for the Monaco. I may yet spend the extra $200+ and buy 4 more for the truck since the wife has asked me about it at least 3 times now.

I don't know what you mean by the "security shells". All I have is a very thin nut you screw on first, then tighten up against the cap sensor for theft prevention.

2928D3B3-98D3-48E7-9888-29914ADC134A.png

My sensors have 3 very small screws holding the outer cap on the sensor. This outer cap spins if you try to remove the sensor so you need the tool shown to remove the sensor. Newer or older sensors may be different.

View attachment 9632
My sensors have 3 very small screws holding the outer cap on the sensor. This outer cap spins if you try to remove the sensor so you need the tool shown to remove the sensor. Newer or older sensors may be different.
My tst cap sensors where the same. What I found is after they got dirty, you could use your hand to remove without the tool.

Latest resources

Back