Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
450 hp Cummins
TOW/TOAD
3017 Colorado
Fulltimer
No
My Li-BIM and batteries both came in yesterday. I got them installed and charged last evening. The biggest workload was cleaning and preping the cabinet. It is not a permanent install. I need to get the bay closed in and insulated. I started the initial drawdown this morning at 7:30. With a 10 amp load on the system they are currently at 89%. Installed 3 206 Ah heated batteries. On the initial charge they balance within 20mv. They are separating a bit coming down. SOK recommends two complete cycles for total calibration. So far so good.

Sounds great. Looking forward to watching your progress. Welcome to LiFePO4 land.

I added a 750w heater to get the amp draw up a little higher. Did that at about 3:00cst. I was still at 87% then. It is now 5:00. Down to 57% 12.9v

Cycled the bateries 3-4 times trying to get the CALCULATED capacity the same on all three batteries(on the ABC-BMS app). I have 208, 212, and 214 ah showing. We went to the motocross track to watch the grandson this weekend and get our first dose of boondocking. The batteries went up and down over the weekend evenly. It is feeling like a good changeover at this point. My ARC arrived Friday after we left. I will get it put in tomorrow and see how much easier it is to control the inverter/charger.

Latest resources

Back