RV Make
Alpinelite
RV Length
26'
TOW/TOAD
2016 Ram 1500
Fulltimer
Yes
Some of the reasons I wish I had more real-estate for solar was addressed in this video! But as comprehensive as this video is, it would serve anyone looking into solar to invest the time to watch it. Not much technical stuff here, so it's great for someone that doesn't want to delve into the boring stuff!

I received information on an aspect that may make the desire for more solar go away, when I figure how to deal with my neglected power source!

Happy viewing!!!

Well done. Very nice system and wow, what a wonderful piece of property!

So.....he finally arrives at where I was 25 years ago. The ROI is just not there. And he is $100,000 into it. He won't live long enough to recover the cost.

So.....he finally arrives at where I was 25 years ago. The ROI is just not there. And he is $100,000 into it. He won't live long enough to recover the cost.
It has little to do with ROI when off grid is the only option. Things like how many poles the power company must put in, and what your up front cost for that will be. Is what you must weigh.

Not really why I posted this. My solutions come because of this video and includes changes in parking orientation, as well as load management I have not spent much time with.

As a building contractor I have dealt with electrical services and built off grid houses. So far, no one has shown me that incredibly complex power systems managed by homeowners is the way to go. That is if you want a modern life. You can live like my grandparents did with less then 1/3 of his system, but 1/3 is still $30,000. Most would not like to live my grandparents lifestyle......wood heat only, outhouse, one lightbulb in the center of each room, running water was a treat, cold only in the kitchen sink. We have come far, but just flicking the switch means different things to different people.

As a building contractor I have dealt with electrical services and built off grid houses. So far, no one has shown me that incredibly complex power systems managed by homeowners is the way to go. That is if you want a modern life. You can live like my grandparents did with less then 1/3 of his system, but 1/3 is still $30,000. Most would not like to live my grandparents lifestyle......wood heat only, outhouse, one lightbulb in the center of each room, running water was a treat, cold only in the kitchen sink. We have come far, but just flicking the switch means different things to different people.
I know that! I live like that and feel the system in these Newmar rigs are overkill!

Now that the sunlight is increasing and it is not too hot, house batteries are full by mid day. Feeding the grid for rainy day credits 😂
IMG_1237.jpeg

Here is some good information on a RV Class A installation

Sorry, flashback from A-10 days. I'm good now.

Latest resources

Back