Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Embald2

RVF Regular
Hi! Occasionally when I flush toilet or run bathroom sink slightly green water will come out and then clear up rather quickly. There is no stored water in fresh water tank. Just curious if I need to sanitize water system? And how? New filter was put on less than two months ago. Thanks for any advice!

It is a fleetwood advantage 2011.. it is def older but has been kept up with.. I also am new to this this is my moms travel trailer and I’m just trying to learn as much as I can

It is a fleetwood advantage 2011.. it is def older but has been kept up with.. I also am new to this this is my moms travel trailer and I’m just trying to learn as much as I can
It does happen occasionally in the kitchen sink but not as often

I would definitely sanitize the hose and the rigs system. The easiest way is to buy an In Line Sanitizer. They are specifically for this purpose and only cost approximately $30. Otherwise 2 oz of bleach per 15 gallons of water works. Run it into all of the lines and let it sit for at least 4hrs then flush

I would definitely sanitize the hose and the rigs system. The easiest way is to buy an In Line Sanitizer. They are specifically for this purpose and only cost approximately $30. Otherwise 2 oz of bleach per 15 gallons of water works. Run it into all of the lines and let it sit for at least 4hrs then flush
I have looked up how to sanitize the hose but could you send me a link for a in line sanitizer that is good.. or please give me the specifics with the bleach

Here you go.

Attachments

• 3C27C4E7-871A-4B40-BFDC-F4EC381EA556.png
    3C27C4E7-871A-4B40-BFDC-F4EC381EA556.png
    2.4 MB · Views: 10

Latest resources

Back