Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Greenville, SC RV show this weekend (1/5 - 1/7)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Bigblockyeti

RVF VIP
RV Make
Still shopping
I'll be there on Saturday. Hopefully most (if not all) is indoors as it's going to rain, maybe a lot. I'll have the whole family so we can better check out what will work for us and continue to for years to come. I know much in my desired weight catagory won't work but I've found a few that might.

Will anyone else be there?

I am watching the active in Quartzsite, close to big tent time! Closer still is the RTR!
I never liked hours of walking, but Saundra did, so we went. I wish you luck in bagging an RV!!! I'M sure you will stay legal with proper licensing!

A few words of wisdom! The fam grows up, and kids move on to dating and such!!! What you buy has to please your sweetheart, and no one else! I always think of it this way! You will run around in circles if you think the kids are looking for anything but the outings! Well that is until they start looking at the opposite sex! Then the outings will only work for them if you say they can bring along their little friend!

So again, please the wife!!!

It's in hall one of the convention center which has about three acres of floor space so I'd expect the great majority of it to be indoors. Other commitments prevent me from going this year.

I'll likely buy nothing, I'm still just shopping at this point. Whatever I do end up with will likely be used and fully loaded I want it no more than 80-85% of my max tow rating.

The show was neat, I'd really like to see trailers being brought in as fifth wheels were parked ~4" from each other. I bought nothing but did get to see quite a bit. The sub-5000lb category was slim unless shopping for a single axle 4 person little trailer. FB has been my friend as finding so many different trailers then being able to instantly gather all the info I could want in seconds has been great for comparing different models. PVC roofs seem to be fairly new and no doubt much better than EPDM for the sake of long term maintenance. I considered returning on Sunday for another look around but ultimately decided against it. Anyone shopping for a 7000lb trailer or a class B RV had many options to look at.

The show was neat, I'd really like to see trailers being brought in as fifth wheels were parked ~4" from each other. I bought nothing but did get to see quite a bit. The sub-5000lb category was slim unless shopping for a single axle 4 person little trailer. FB has been my friend as finding so many different trailers then being able to instantly gather all the info I could want in seconds has been great for comparing different models. PVC roofs seem to be fairly new and no doubt much better than EPDM for the sake of long term maintenance. I considered returning on Sunday for another look around but ultimately decided against it. Anyone shopping for a 7000lb trailer or a class B RV had many options to look at.
Have you looked at an old Colman tent trailer? PVC rapidly deteriorates with sun light. They go that way because it's cheap, no other reason! At least EPDM has the advantage over aluminum, in that it dampens rain noise. Even still aluminum can last forever if coated occasionally.

A general rule of thumb is if the sales man, or literature, is bringing something to your attention, they are "selling it"!!!

Happy hunting!!!

I had one of those old Colemans. I'm sure the roofs aren't made quite like those any more but still "PVC" gets a knee-jerk "OH hell no!" reaction from me when connected with a roof.

Latest resources

Back