• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Grommet and TPMS issues with inside dually tires

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Can't get my hand between the tires so that option is out. Will try the non flow thru's, yaye for $110/pair :(

I use the EEZRV non flow thru sensors and haven't had any issues. I did have to install the antenna because right inter dual tire would sometimes register and sometimes not. If your talking about the black grommet the fits in the slot of the outer wheel I had one that didn't want to stay in place. I got it back in an put a couple small beads of silicone on it. No issues with it coming out in about 5K miles.

Probably time for new grommets too as this situation wore out the center hole for support of the valve stem. Will ask Freightliner when I get there for service in May.

That is what I was going to do, order the non flow through. I called tst and they suggested the flow through directly on the valve. Has worked without issue for two years now. If I was buying new, would not order flow throughs again.

IMHO the flo through units are way too bulky/heavy. I’ve had the non flo through units for probably 10 years now. At first I had the anti theft caps on but soon realized these were not needed and also added weight/bulk. Been running the sensors with no anti theft caps for 5+ years now on both the coach and toad with no problems. Very easy to remove to add air. When the coach or toad goes in for service I remove all the sensors so the techs don’t accidentally remove and forget to replace them or install them on the wrong wheels.

I believe I used pliers to screw in the flow through

I ordered a pair of non flow thru's today for TST as I have no intention of risking the flo thru's on the inner dually's again. It's beat up my rims enough already.

I have TST flow through as wel, but the tire shop put on the flexible steel covered extender through the grommet. So far, no problems.

I ordered a pair of non flow thru's today for TST as I have no intention of risking the flo thru's on the inner dually's again. It's beat up my rims enough already.
And take off the anti theft covers before installing. Makes the unit probably 1/3 smaller and easier to take on/off for air.

Latest resources

Back