RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar 4369
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
2014 Honda CRV
Yesterday I decided to rectify something that has been bothering me ever since we bought our coach. In the half bath cabinet there is a huge bundle of (25 or 26) white ground wires AWG-10 and few AWG-8 bunched up on 1.5"square terminal box with spade connectors and a single flimsy post 1/8" I think. Some were 4-5 wires crimped on a single spade.
So, I bought a high quality Blue Sea 20 terminal busbar on Amazon for $17. Used my 30 year old ratcheting crimpers and rearranged the the whole mess. Feel much better now :)

BEFORE
IMG_3528.JPG

AFTER

IMG_3529.JPG

Nice job; looks great. I have been meaning to do the same and you’ve inspired me.

TJ

Well done. There is so much electrical interference and mess in these coaches.

Neatness counts! Years ago, we built a new house and I did all the electrical wiring. My main panel was done like Buly's, with neat wiring; each one bent nicely to the terminal and evenly spaced.

When the electrical inspector came out, he asked who the electrical contractor was because that information wasn't on the permit. I told him I had done the wiring myself. He said something like "Oh, homeowner installed!" His tone of voice made me a little nervous.

Then, he asked to see inside the main electrical panel. I pulled the cover plate off and he took a look...then, just signed the permit and handed it to me. "I don't need to look any farther...I'm sure the rest of the work is the same quality." Made me feel pretty good.

TJ

Neatness counts! Years ago, we built a new house and I did all the electrical wiring. My main panel was done like Buly's, with neat wiring; each one bent nicely to the terminal and evenly spaced.

When the electrical inspector came out, he asked who the electrical contractor was because that information wasn't on the permit. I told him I had done the wiring myself. He said something like "Oh, homeowner installed!" His tone of voice made me a little nervous.

Then, he asked to see inside the main electrical panel. I pulled the cover plate off and he took a look...then, just signed the permit and handed it to me. "I don't need to look any farther...I'm sure the rest of the work is the same quality." Made me feel pretty good.

TJ

That reminds me, years ago I had to install on a customer’s sailboat dual station slaved GPS, Autopilot and Radar. But to get it activated and for the insurance, I had to call factory rep to come and check everything with his laptop.
When he came, I opened the panel of the Nav Station, and he blurted: Who did this? My heart sunk ( O, Schnitt).
“Why do you ask I said?
He said: “This is aircraft quality work”. It passed. The rest is history ?

I should have known that you are familiar with aircraft wiring practices. It sure shows in your work.

TJ

@Buly - Very nice … I will take a look at mine to see what if looks like and maybe do this. Thanks for posting the pictures.

FLSteve

TJ,
This is my plane I built from scratch (not a kit), and we flew for 10 years to the Bahamas, and inside the US with DW Doris and the dogs. They had their own K-9 Class custom built cabin.
Both of us are IFR rated. It is all behind us now :cry:

RR08INFLIGHT-2 copy.jpg

Dixie and Dolly, RIP.
IMG_1127.jpeg

They had it better than today’s coach cabin, I sure they enjoyed the ride?

Latest resources

Back