GUN QUESTIONS

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Enhanced?

It's fairly new concept. Basically I can carry (open or concealed) in almost any place. There are a few restrictions, but not many.

Edit: I might add that this type of permit requires additional training and range time. They don't just hand them out to anyone.

Enhanced?
Some states now offer enhanced, does not mean all states recognize it. Bottom line do your homework and check state laws. I would not risk serious legal trouble by taking what is posted on social media.

Yes, be sure you know the laws (rules) of other states. Some states don't recognize regular carry permits.

A concealed carry permit is issued in the state you reside. They are usually issued by the CLO Chief law enforcement officer. This can be the Sheriff or Chief of police of your area., or even State Police.

Other states have to be reciprocal with your state to honor the permit. The problem is when traveling across state lines with handguns. Sometimes you are legal sometimes you are not. Remember you ABIDE by your state law. And guess what EVERY STATE is different on what. where, and how you can carry.

I live in PA, it is highly illegal for me to conceal or open carry in my surrounding states aka NJ, NY, OH, and so on. But Florida will honor our carry permits.

HH

I guess I have the "ultimate" concealed carry as a retired LEO. However, that being said I still am aware that I can't stop at a military installation and run into the PX while armed.

As far as RVing with a firearm? I would never consider traveling without being armed in todays world. Of course if you are going to start carrying and it is something fairly new to you there are tons of safety considerations to think about also.

Military bases have several different rules. Depends on the post commander. If you are going to use fam-camps here is a website that helps. https://www.militarycampgrounds.us/milcamps National Parks for the most part allow weapons; some are just not in buildings. Go to the National Park site you are going to visit and look at their web site. Same with State Parks. I have had to put mine in a gun safe in the camper, ammo separate, some places weapon has to be broken down. Some states just having it when passing thru is a crime. Best way is to go online and look up where you are going to be and what their rules are.

Latest resources

Back