Chassis
Spartan
Engine
X15
TOW/TOAD
Stacker Trailer
Fulltimer
No
Looking for some direction to trouble shoot the Hadley system.When pushing the SLS button nothing happens no lights nothing.Spartan recommended replacing the touch pad.Installed new one no help still nothing.Spartan isn’t much help with troubleshooting.Called Hadley no help because they sold that system to another company.Called that company the tech guy was worthless.What’s next the ECM for 1,300.00 which may not fix it.Anybody have a good contact guy I could talk to?
Thanks
Randy

Did you have the engine running? Originally the Hadley system would work without the key turned or engine on. There was a recall a few years back that changed this. I think it was a safety issue where a pet could dump the air by walking on the pad. The recall changed the system such that the engine must be running to initialize the self leveling.

Thanks for the response,Yes I tried every combination.

Finally fixed the Hadley system.After many attempts of tracing and ohming out wires and replacing parts I found the problem.The ECM box has two 36 pin connectors on it a blue and a black one. Each plug had one pin that wasn’t seated all the way in when the harness was made.You could not see the problem from the outside until the plug was taken apart.Made repairs everything works perfect.Check that off the list.

I'm curious what lead you to the SCM connector. Were you able to get a schematic that shows the connection to the SCM? What inputs/outputs to the SCM are used by the Hadley unit? I'm think maybe just knowledge of whether the engine on/off?

I do have a wiring diagram that I got from Spartan.There was a service bulletin on the Hadley system that required wire changes and software updates.All of these changes appeared to be correct. The system is only activated when the engine is running not run or accessory position .One of the pins that was not seated was the wire that activated the SLS mode.Most of the touch pad buttons switch to ground.Only one signal comes from the HWH jack system to dump the bags.

Latest resources

Back