• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hard Headed People

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I discovered years ago that you can't argue with a "believer." If they truly believe in their side of the argument then everybody else might as well pack up and go home. Ever talk to one of those Amsoil people? It's weird.
My doctor retired and I met his replacement. I made it clear right off the bat that I didn't go for placebos at all. His treatments and medications either worked or they didn't and should require no faith on my part. He looked at me and said: "Well. I don't know if you just made my job easier or more difficult." :)

On topic, it's been my experience that aby time a family type business gets bought out by a larger corporation it tends to be to the detriment of everything and everyone involved except for the money shufflers at the very top.

On Aug 29, 1980, Thor purchased AirStream and it seems like they have decent quality.

Who wants to start an RV company with me?! I got...*checks pocket*...$7.53, three tic tacs and a box of Christmas ornaments.

here’s what I’m thinking - double deckers only and no slides!

It is my firm belief that only an idiot argues with an idiot.

I never argue with anyone about anything.

I am not the thought police and do not want to be.

It is my firm belief that only an idiot argues with an idiot.

I never argue with anyone about anything.

I am not the thought police and do not want to be.
Do you have a rule for narcissists? My wife is asking for a friend...

Who wants to start an RV company with me?! I got...*checks pocket*...$7.53, three tic tacs and a box of Christmas ornaments.

here’s what I’m thinking - double deckers only and no slides!
I can match you and raise you $10.00

I totally agree with your response. I don’t think there is a “best” model out there. My experience has been that the owner of any RV has to be proactive. We bought a new Thor Axis in 2018. Right after purchase we traveled the western part of US. For 7 weeks we had numerous problems with minor and major malfunctions.
When we returned home we called the factory in Indiana and scheduled an unlimited length of time for my husband to stay on the property to get all issues addressed. They were wonderful. They covered the RV from front to back addressing even a couple of things we had not noticed. My husbands stay was covered by Thor. He as able to stay on site all but one night.
our RV has been great since.
we were told that management had changed and they are now more quality focused. I hope that is true.

A FB group is no different than any other online (or offline) gathering of personalities, in that it represents a general cross-section of persons who share some area of interest and come to that place to read about or talk about topics related to that area of interest. In all of these cases, (including on rvforms.com), there are those who consider their own opinions or beliefs to be fact, and who then espouse those messages to others, sometimes a bit more adamantly than friendly or cordial discussion warrants.

I am teaching myself to take a breath, close the thread and move along any time what I am reading evokes in me a desire to jump into the fray and inject my own opinions. I come to forums and groups to learn and hopefully to share things I have learned where it may be beneficial to others.

Life is too short for me to waste it arguing with strangers (or relatives for that matter).;)

I was proven wrong on Facebook this week.
Someone asked if their dealer would cover the roof leak they had on a 10 year old 5th wheel. That most RV roofs have at least a 10 year warranty. I gave what I thought would be the correct answer. I said I'm sorry ,but I doubt that any dealer is going to cover your roof on a 10 year old used unit. I told them first thing they and the manufacture are going to say is that the roof was not maintained properly and no they will not cover it. Now 99% of the time I'm going to be right on this. Alas I was not . Another lady chimed in how wrong I was. She and her husband have been RVing for almost 2 years. They had bought their 10 year old unit from a dealer who was selling on consignment. They had a roof leak the first week out and their dealer had no issues fixing that leak and I was just totally wrong. I shouldn't be giving people such bad information.

Boy did she ever tell me off. Ah but that is life on the Facebook thingy.

Another reason to stay off FakeBook ??

Latest resources

Back