Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
Even with a full solid 50 amp connection running 3 A/C is maximum load in our RV. Any other load like water heater, house battery charger, cooking , laundry requires shutting down one or two A/C units.
We have now scheduled use of appliances outside of peak sunshine hours.

Your coach should load shed automatically.

It should but have had the post breaker trip here in Bowie TX. Not sure if the energy management system was engaged. It is now.
It 101F today….

Thinking about rewiring the middle air conditioner to the Line 2. The load on line 1 is very unbalanced.
The rear a/c just doesn’t work nearly as hard as the front two.

Thinking about rewiring the middle air conditioner to the Line 2. The load on line 1 is very unbalanced.
The rear a/c just doesn’t work nearly as hard as the front two.
That is a good idea. WIthout the use of an MicroAir Easy starter, each unit will take a surge of 20amps when starting. Thats a big hit if all come on at the same time.

My LADP is wired so that 1/3 are on line 1, 2 is on line 2 along with the washer/dishwasher/dryer. It is very balanced, and I run all 3 air along with doing laundry & dishes without ever having a concern.

I also leave Oasis AC1/2 on all the time, and with a good 50 amp circuit I never have a problem unless we are running stove top, microwave, and vacumming...then we are living life dangerously.

Our rear AC units works the least of the 3 ACs.
Hence, like @redbaron, we have AC 1&3 wired to leg 1, AC2 on line 2, with microwave & refrigerator and kitchen outlets on line 2 with that one AC unit. Oasis … I don’t recall exactly but think it is split between the 2 legs.
Generally we are pretty balanced, unless I pull out the Electrolux canister vac for a deeper clean than the Dyson stick vac. We just don’t microwave at the same time as vacuuming with the big vac.

Guys,
Am I missing something? I am almost positive the refrigerator and microwave in my coach are on the sub-panel. I am the most out of balance when both ACs are running and the charger is working hard to recharge the batteries.

Even with a full solid 50 amp connection running 3 A/C is maximum load in our RV. Any other load like water heater, house battery charger, cooking , laundry requires shutting down one or two A/C units.
We have now scheduled use of appliances outside of peak sunshine hours.
I was wondering how one would run three A/C’s plus other stuff on 50 amps. I guess I don’t need a Prevost.🤣

I was also recently experiencing load difficulties on the new to me coach, but found the issue to be the pedestal breakers were 20 years old and basically shot. (An owned lot, not an overnight RV park slot). I replaced all of my breakers with new and made sure the wiring was clean and in good condition and like "magic" all of my load management issues went away. I can now run all three AC with AC clothes dryer or microwave and not a peep from my coach power management system. I realize that is not an option for an overnight stay while on the road. As mentioned previously the start up of the AC is where you are probably getting overloaded. Last time I looked Soft start makes a dogbone version of their otherwise "installed at each AC" device, might be worth a look for use while traveling.

I was wondering how one would run three A/C’s plus other stuff on 50 amps. I guess I don’t need a Prevost.🤣
Four A/C’s on a Prevost.

Happy Bbc Earth GIF by BBC America

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back