• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

RamblinFam

RVF Regular
Good morning,

I’m relatively new to the forum and am shopping for a used class A. Knowing that summer is not fast-approaching-enough but still approaching I’ve been acting as if and booking campsites.

I live in the Northeast and would like to spend 4 days out in the Badlands, but I’m not gonna be driving both ways as it will burn too much vacation time.

Has anyone ever used someone to drive their RV one way? Perhaps allowing them to make a vacation of it?

How did that work out? What were the agreed upon terms?

I feel like the use case that’s best for us and my family for trips further afar will be to position the asset (aka the RV) in strategic locations that will allow us to explore far-away places like Colorado, Montana, the badlands, the Southwest without having to drive it both ways.

Is this a common thing? Is there a website or forum to find willing people. For the badlands, I feel like I could find someone in my local community to do it. They’d pay for gas and a plane ticket home and have the time to explore and have the RV experience.

If anyone’s done something like this or has thoughts or experience to share, I’d love to hear from you.

thanks!

For four days in the “Badlands,” why not just rent an RV at your destination? It will probably have to be a Class C, but should do fine for four days.

The scenario you describe (buying a Class A and having someone else drive it to South Dakota so you can spend four days in it) just doesn’t make sense to me. I doubt that you will find anyone willing to pay for fuel and their own ticket home to do that.

There are commercial outfits that will deliver an RV anywhere, but they charge a couple bucks a mile to do it and you provide the ticket home.

Sorry, but I don’t think your plan is workable.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back