RV Make
FR Sunseeker
RV Model
2860DS
RV Length
29'
Fulltimer
No
We are looking for a new 5th. Where can I get good review info to compare brands & features? What are your favorite features and the ones you never actually use? We are looking for either bunks or possibly toyhauler. Want to stay under $75k & 44'. We have 2 older kids, 2 large dogs, like to fish, off-road and just relax for the weekend.

This by no means a recommendation, but our Heartland 4006 Heartland probably has a floor plan that would fit your needs. Compared to most toy haulers the main living area has a lot of seating. The 13' garage has all the regular features, like queen size bunks plus the loft area. This model is really made for full timers (like us) or larger families.

Heartland has run hot and cold as far as customer support. We had a microwave/convection go out last year and instead of shipping us a good quality replacement they shipped us a cheap microwave only. It failed after a few months (after warranty). I recently complained to them (4 months out of warranty) and they stepped up and are now sending us a microwave/convection replacement.

We have been full time in a Newmar, Thor products, and now Heartland. Nothing compares to the quality of our Newmar coach, but I will admit that Heartland seems to be a step above anything produced by Thor IMHO.

I was at the Dallas RV show a couple of weekends back. The cheapest large 5th wheel I saw was $88500. The Momentums seem to be favored as toy haulers and are ok quality. The overall quality I saw in the units is dismal. Here at the NRVTA school, quality of builds is discussed often. Both in class and amongst the 400+ setups in the rv park. No one is happy with anything they have purchased.

If you shop new Heartland Cyclone models in the 44' range you will see MSRPs in the $120,000 to $140,000 range I'm sure.

I just posted some info under "Heartland" on here this morning reference doing numerous repairs on our unit the first 20 months of ownership. I have found that any RV is going to have issues and need constant maintenance and have to have repairs. My Newmar had a MSRP of over $355,000 and it was in the shop 5 times not counting regular service.

I'm not trying to tell you how to shop for a new RV. I will tell you that we found a Texas dealer with our exact model and did an initial phone deal for 33% off MSRP. We secured the deal with $500 on a credit card until we could personally inspect the unit.

Of course it cost a few hundred in diesel to go get it but well worth the drive.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back