Chassis
Spartan
Engine
Cummins
TOW/TOAD
2018 Ford Flex
Fulltimer
No
California has hurricane level winds and rain over turning trucks. Mud slides destroying homes.

Wouldn't want to drive my RV in these crazy gusts (up to 80 mph). Just stay put until tomorrow and all will be well...except you'll still be in California 😉 Blessings

happens in SoCal every 5-7 years and everyone is surprised and amazed when it happens, and yet even with occurring as often as it does, our state reps do nothing to improve the infrastructure.

now due to the fires, floods, and other natural occurrences that are commonplace, many insurance companies have pulled out of CA and are no longer writing homeowner policies.

I can recall the same type of tropical storms and hurricane level storms going back to the 1970s when I was a teenager

1978 - Tropical Depression Norman,
1982 - Hurricane Norman
1987 - Hurricane Norma
1997 - Hurricane Linda
2003 - Hurricane Marty
2009 - Hurricane Jimena
2014 - Hurricane Odile
2018 - Hurricane Sergio
2023 - Hurricane Hilary

all of these storms produced rainfall of 8-14 inches in a 24 period with winds in excess of 40mph some as high as 80mph.

it is pretty common in southern California from L.A. down to San Diego IMO, and it amazes me that people are shocked about it every time it happens.

We’re fine in SoCal.
Hillsides, Coastline, and BurnScar areas have major mudslides as usual.

No wind events, and nothing like Santa Anas. That’s when trucks have big issues.

We will be ok.

I thought it was interesting that people were asked to stay home and not travel, but the award ceremony went on as planned.

depends on where in SoCal, I work in Multi-Family RE development and construction, we are seeing a lot of foundations in Gardena, Torrance, Marina-Del-Rey, Compton, Downey, Lakewood that are having issues with sink holes due to the flooding.

no real wind events yesterday, but they are starting today, around me it is at least 25-30 mph right now, a neighbors easy up is on his roof at the moment.

Not many serious problems up here in Northern California. Always happy to see the rain, the hills turn green, and Shasta Lake fill up!😁😎 Life is good.

Y'all stay safe anyway. We had a bit of rain yesterday but no wind to speak of. Sunny and warm here in Havasu today.

Darrell

Latest resources

Back