Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Highlander_821

RVF Newbee
Hi all. My name is David and my wife Christie and I bought a 2000 Shasta M210 small class C motorhome 6 years ago. We got a great deal on it from our next door neighbors, who had taken great care of it.

We use it mainly for spending 2-3 days at a time at several of our Illinois state parks, but we have also taken it on one long trip out to New Mexico and back, and we usually visit the Piney Campground in the Land Between the Lakes in Tennessee for a week every summer.

We have really enjoyed it and have often commented on the possibility of getting something a bit roomier and hitting the road for a year or two full-time when we retire in 2 years.

One model that we saw last summer really caught our attention - the Thor Vegas 24.1. A couple near our site had one and were very friendly and let us check it out. They had been full time for about a year and a half and were loving it. We then test-drove one at our nearest Camping World and thought it was great. We love the visibilty from those huge side windows and the from windscreen. I liked how it handled and drove. It seems like a great size - roomier than our Shasta, with MUCH more outdoor storage for chairs, grills, and various accessories, but not a huge monster that would be difficult to navigate into smaller spaces.

I wanted to join this forum to get some input from those who have maybe had similar ideas for retirement and RVing full-time.

Welcome!

Welcome to RVF! We are happy to have y'all here.

I thought I was going to full-time for a year and here I am going into my 7th year. I love it. Friends ask me when I am going to settle down again and I just can't imagine it....at least right now.

I thought the best part would be the travels, the new experiences, the National Parks, kayaking, hiking and biking, but the best part has been ALL the PEOPLE I have met along the way. Priceless and life changing. I whole heartedly recommend it. I know it's not for everyone, but you will only know by giving it a go.

Good luck in whatever you decide. And welcome again. We look forward to hearing more from you and Christie on the forum. 😊

Hi all. My name is David and my wife Christie and I bought a 2000 Shasta M210 small class C motorhome 6 years ago. We got a great deal on it from our next door neighbors, who had taken great care of it.

We use it mainly for spending 2-3 days at a time at several of our Illinois state parks, but we have also taken it on one long trip out to New Mexico and back, and we usually visit the Piney Campground in the Land Between the Lakes in Tennessee for a week every summer.

We have really enjoyed it and have often commented on the possibility of getting something a bit roomier and hitting the road for a year or two full-time when we retire in 2 years.

One model that we saw last summer really caught our attention - the Thor Vegas 24.1. A couple near our site had one and were very friendly and let us check it out. They had been full time for about a year and a half and were loving it. We then test-drove one at our nearest Camping World and thought it was great. We love the visibilty from those huge side windows and the from windscreen. I liked how it handled and drove. It seems like a great size - roomier than our Shasta, with MUCH more outdoor storage for chairs, grills, and various accessories, but not a huge monster that would be difficult to navigate into smaller spaces.

I wanted to join this forum to get some input from those who have maybe had similar ideas for retirement and RVing full-time.
Welcome to RVforums!

welcome

An argument has endured the existence of time!
Does size matter?
I know several people living and traveling full-time in 22 ft sailboats. Some people I know are more than happy in 16 ft. Scamps. Some I know are happy in 45+ motorhomes. These people don't do the travel/full-time lifestyle for the rig, they love traveling, meeting people seeing new things, or communing with nature! Heck some do it because they have realized the brick and stick is just another form of slavery!

You will see soon enough where I fit in!

My opinion is have your adventure starting with the rig you have!!! Grow into a more elaborate RV when you know you feel returning to the life you left feels like a return to prison or slave camp!!!

On the other side of that coin is of course. You may find the life you leave behind seems more like you left heaven! As @ARD said above without saying it! That if you set a goal of one year, likely you will have no desire to go backwards. At that time start looking at a new rig if you still want to!!!

Welcome!

Latest resources

Back