Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

POP-POP R

RVF Regular
On a recent camping weekend, the battery on the controller for the Lippert Multi-function receiver died, DUH! didn't charge it, needless to say spend hours trying to locate an old style charging cable. My question is can manual override switches be installed on the circuits that do not have manual switch connections? The slide, outside light, and awning have the manual switches. I just don't want to get stuck in that position again. Thank you in advance for any help.

Whats the make, model, and year?

Now was this the handheld transmitter or the RV mounted receiver? I don't think the receiver has a separate or specific battery as it is supplied from the house battery.

Our FR Wildwood has manual switches for the slideout, awning, landing gear, stabilizing jacks, and awning lights. All can be operated manually from the control panel inside the RV and the landing gear and stabilizing jacks have switches on the outside.

Now was this the handheld transmitter or the RV mounted receiver? I don't think the receiver has a separate or specific battery as it is supplied from the house battery.

Our FR Wildwood has manual switches for the slideout, awning, landing gear, stabilizing jacks, and awning lights. All can be operated manually from the control panel inside the RV and the landing gear and stabilizing jacks have switches on the outside.
The battery on the remote died, never thought about recharging it. The remote controls all functions, slide, awning, side light, and F&R stabilizing jacks, the receiver only has switching for the Slide, awning and side light, I looked at the receiver and there are no additional locations for manual switching for the jacks. The question is can I add manual switches and not damage the receiver (back Feeding).

As to adding features, I suggest reviewing the Lippert information to determine if there are any additional control functions available. If so, and wired correctly, there should be no problem.

I can control all of my items either from the panel in the trailer, or at the front and rear of the stabilizing jacks, or any/all of them from the remote.

Latest resources

Back