• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Help with inverter Xantrex Inverter

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
yes. It is in the section that has a chart with what seems like the hundreds of settings. pg 23

Screenshot from 2023-09-24 21-33-25.png

I looked in the manuel, can’t find it. If I call Xantrex do you think they will help me?
probably not. Best to buy better equipment.

I don’t have that section in my book? Can you help me find it on internet

My guess is you’re trying to get apples from oranges. You need to identify your power needs, design a system that will meet those needs, and proceed accordingly. I seriously doubt you’ll ever get there with 200w of solar and a xantrex inverter. The good news is that you may have already invested in an adequate battery bank, or at least are on the right track there. You probably need around 1000w of solar and a good inverter/charger to compliment your lithium (?) batteries, and a sufficient battery bank to get you through the night with your required power consumption.

Thanks, That the problem, we use exactly the same thing we did with our last rv. the last one never had any problem Worked very well.

Sorry newbie here what is 500 watts Of solar? How can I find out how mine has. Should I change my inverter? thank you for your help
About the technology:
Lithium batteries use a built-in device called a battery management system (BMS). This bms works only to protect the battery. You may not have noticed because it is built-in to the battery. When the charge reaches a low voltage set point (not adjustable), the battery is disconnected so it can no longer discharge! This is why everything quits at some point! And you get a warning you have a bad connection.

Solar panels have labels that give there vital information! However, if mounted with no data sheet, one has to guess their size. For this discussion we assume 20% efficiency. The sun is said to grace the surface of the earth with 1000 watts of light energy per square meter! Guessing or measuring the panel size times the efficiency number gives watts thus the panel/s rating.

Solar Controllers come in two technologies! PWM and MPPT. The MPPT controller is the only controller worth its weight! And must be sized for panel specs and battery type.
Additional information!!!
From disconnected BMS state, it requires hours to fully charge a lithium battery with solar. The grid will get the batteries up to full power, overnight, and slow charging will make any battery last longer.
The larger the bank the more chance you can make it through the night! This requires you to calculate load vs. Battery capacity. Ultimately however, if you don't have the charging capacity, your batteries will not get charged. Therefore the load will be calculated and the charging system must meet the load, and charging (to replenish the power used during the night previous), or your batteries will constantly lose power.

Hope this helps!!!

What model is the Xantrex? And as stated, if you want to run stuff oaway from shore power you need more umph!

@OldSkool Could you expand a bit on your comment about the (vehicle) alternator? This is the 2nd time I’ve heard someone mention it, when they swap over to Lithium batteries. 🤔

I saw that also. The alternator in a motorized camper will charge the house batteries but is isolated by a diode, or one way circuit. I am not sure what is being replaced other then a better diode?

@ADR1RU I am wondering what you were thinking when you read about the automobile alternator?

Latest resources

Back