Alante
RV Length
Chassis
Ford
Engine
Ford
Fulltimer
No
We have a new Jayco 2023 Alante. We had problem from day one with our batteries and inverter. We changed batteries from normal to lithium. Hoping we would be able to have more power. We use exactly the same equipement cpap and Ipad that we did in our last RV. We never had any problems with it.
Now every night we get an alert and my husband cpap stops. The retailer tells us its because of what we use. Help don’t know what to do.
We have solar panels Go power of 200 and 1000 inverter. We are from Quebec, Candiac near Montreal. Thank you for your help.

Is it showing a "Low Voltage Cut-off error" and then resetting? My 2023 Entegra 34G does the same thing with 2 x 100AH lithiums that replaced the OEM AGMs. Still working on getting warranty to replace inverter.

Your inverter may not be designed to charge lithiums and if not you are probably only getting a partial charge. I’m guessing you have only very limited monitoring ability. Check the specs, manual, talk to xantrex, etc. If not, my advice would be to buy a better inverter/charger. Victron would be my first choice. Next would be Magnum or even Outback, but not xantrex. If you haven’t already done so, you should also do your energy calcs to determine how much solar and battery bank capacity you need to charge your batteries and make it through the night running your anticipated loads.

Last edited:
Xantrex is inverter only, at least on mine. The converter/charger has a lithium switch and charges my lithiums at 50amps. I did have to disconnect the house side of the Battery Isolation Management until I can't get one designed for Lithium and not burn up the alternator.

Time to calculate loads!
This may sound insulting to some, so understand this is how I think!

Batteries are a storage device! Panels (solar) is the power provider, and your devices are the load.

Think of your favorite lake. It rains, the lake fills. This works and the overflow stream flows till you start using the water to fulfill your needs. The stream drys up, and the supply of rain has not changed, the lake continues to shrink.

The first rain you get excited as you think things will go back to normal, but normal, no matter will not return because you continue to use the water, and nothing has been done to increase the supply.

You can increase the supply, or decrease your use. The storage has nothing to offer that has not been added to it.

As a side note. Less than 500 watts of solar is a toy! An experiment, and even then will not keep anyone happy!
Also auto inverters are not efficient! Think of them as a hole in a pond liner!

Is it showing a "Low Voltage Cut-off error" and then resetting? My 2023 Entegra 34G does the same thing with 2 x 100AH lithiums that replaced the OEM AGMs. Still working on getting warranty to replace inverter.
thanks, the code error says a bad connection. But then, why does it word than stops?? And when the sun goes back up it starts. How do you do for the warrenty? Thanks

Time to calculate loads!
This may sound insulting to some, so understand this is how I think!

Batteries are a storage device! Panels (solar) is the power provider, and your devices are the load.

Think of your favorite lake. It rains, the lake fills. This works and the overflow stream flows till you start using the water to fulfill your needs. The stream drys up, and the supply of rain has not changed, the lake continues to shrink.

The first rain you get excited as you think things will go back to normal, but normal, no matter will not return because you continue to use the water, and nothing has been done to increase the supply.

You can increase the supply, or decrease your use. The storage has nothing to offer that has not been added to it.

As a side note. Less than 500 watts of solar is a toy! An experiment, and even then will not keep anyone happy!
Also auto inverters are not efficient! Think of them as a hole in a pond liner!
Thanks, That the problem, we use exactly the same thing we did with our last rv. the last one never had any problem Worked very well.

Sorry newbie here what is 500 watts Of solar? How can I find out how mine has. Should I change my inverter? thank you for your help

Check manual. Make sure the inverter is set for lithium batteries. Don't know which Xantrex you have. The Xantrex 2000 has settings for FLA (flooded lead-acid) agm, and I think it has a setting for lithium. Sometimes installer forgets to change the setting.

Check manual. Make sure the inverter is set for lithium batteries. Don't know which Xantrex you have. The Xantrex 2000 has settings for FLA (flooded lead-acid) agm, and I think it has a setting for lithium. Sometimes installer forgets to change the setting.

I looked in the manuel, can’t find it. If I call Xantrex do you think they will help me?

Latest resources

Back