RV Make
Keystone
RV Model
Sprinter
RV Length
Fulltimer
Yes
2015 Keystone Sprinter. 3 slide outs.
Is there an overflow valve for water discharge hose? Tank froze yesterday. After thawing it out, water came out of the plastic piece, coming out of rv but not the waste hose itself. I've been running water out of inner faucets to prevent freezing for over 24 hours. No sign of leak since I woke up. Nothing wet outside, no water building up inside. It's like it never happened. Is this good? Hard to see in pics.

Attachments

• 20240115_220730.jpg
    20240115_220730.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240115_220730.jpg
    20240115_220730.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 16
  • 20240116_171620.jpg
    20240116_171620.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 15
  • 20240116_171618.jpg
    20240116_171618.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 14
Hard to see yes. I am sorry I cant help much with the info given. A leak that is not leaking......I don't know what you mean by water discharge valve. There is an over flow for the fresh water tanks for potable water. IF you overfill your gray tank, it might leak around the vent and pour out like that. What you are showing appears to be a black tank line and any leakage would most likely not be pleasant. I disagree with running water to prevent freezing but that is another argument for another day. I do not have an answer for the leak with the info provided.

Hard to see yes. I am sorry I cant help much with the info given. A leak that is not leaking......I don't know what you mean by water discharge valve. There is an over flow for the fresh water tanks for potable water. IF you overfill your gray tank, it might leak around the vent and pour out like that. What you are showing appears to be a black tank line and any leakage would most likely not be pleasant. I disagree with running water to prevent freezing but that is another argument for another day. I do not have an answer for the leak with the info provided.
Water was pouring yesterday but then quit all day today. Im betting there's an overflow, like you said. Keeping my fingers crossed that that is the answer.

The overflow is the shower drain

Put another way,the system is designed to contain not divert.

I have no clue what to do then. No water is coming out where it did yesterday. Seriously, no leaks or water where its not supposed to be. 🤷‍♀️

I would speculate it was an overfull gray tank. Did you drain one?

The only overflow on a camper is the fresh water tanks that you fill to boondock and use your onboard pump. Nothing else overflows intentionally, and it is a bad thing when they do. Gray water and blackwater are not things that just dump out thru an overflow. It is possible that your pump, which has a check valve in it to prevent water from filling the tanks while on city water, failed for a short time. Not sure why it would suddenly leak, and suddenly not leak, but unless you can duplicate the leak and understand why, we can't help you any further.

A quick thought, I had a water pump leak the other day along with a few fittings. It was the regulator. It was in theses freezing temps and it was pushing the pressure up. At about 60 the water pump would leak, 55 and under it stopped.

Latest resources

Back