• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question Help with water pressure!

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Thank you to everyone who replied! I took out the filter from the housing and my water pressure is back to normal. I wasn't aware that I could simply remove the filter. Also, I didn't know that a dirty filter could effect the water pressure so drastically. At least all of my filters/screens have had their bi-annual cleaning. I will be better about keeping up on filter changes.. And I will be looking into sanitizing my whole water system.
Thanks again.
Chelsie.

Thankful you have your water pressure back.
I understand your reason to replace the white nylon plug with a brass plug but you're possibly setting yourself up for a costly repair. You risk galvanic corrosion on the aluminum tank because of using a dissimilar metal plug, the brass plug. Use the white nylon plug that is recommended by the manufacturer.

If you want to inject bleach into your system you can do so by pouring bleach into the empty canister that once housed your filter. A cup should be plenty. I would put the bleach in the canister and then turn on the water at each faucet inside until you can smell it and then shut off the faucet. I'd let it soak for a few hours and then open all the faucets to flush the bleach away.
I also agree with Jim that you should go back to the plastic plug that was designed for the Atwood WH.

I assume you have a fresh water tank on your toy hauler. I would fill it at least 1/2 full, add about a cup of bleach, then start running it out through all your faucets and toilet. Once it is close to empty fill it again and do the same thing (this time don't add bleach). Then you can go back on city water hook-up and your lines should be fairly safe.

Here is some info on water tests and levels in drinking water.

I assume you have a fresh water tank on your toy hauler. I would fill it at least 1/2 full, add about a cup of bleach, then start running it out through all your faucets and toilet. Once it is close to empty fill it again and do the same thing (this time don't add bleach). Then you can go back on city water hook-up and your lines should be fairly safe.
A tip on bleach- don't buy the scented bleach as the added chemicals may contain hazards for human consumption. Don't use excessive bleach. 5% chlorine is pretty potent so just a few ounces will treat a lot of water. Contact time is important so once lines are full allow a few hours to sit before draining and re-filling with clean water.

Latest resources

Back