Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

texskeet

RVF Regular
I can't find the post on wet bay shower upgrades I think there were 2 or 3 . Can someone help?

Here is a photo of mine. I changed the faucet fixture to a quick connect so that I have multiple options for shower, hands free wash, etc. I also added the quick connects to the flush side to make tank flushing a simple easy task. All products were available on amazon and were quick easy change outs
20200331_144526.jpg

Ooooohhh @BuckyII - check that hand sanitizer holder on the right, let's see you 3D print one of those :)

Thanks that is the one. Was any thing done inside the new faucet?

Thanks that is the one. Was any thing done inside the new faucet?
If you are referring to my shower valve change-out, I didn't modify the valve in any way. The existing "shower" valve was simply disconnected and replaced with the new valve. See the original post about the possible need to replace the thick backing washer with a thinner one to gain a little clearance. I did not have to do so, but it required cinching things down to prevent leaks.

The aerator was removed from the spout and 3/4" hose bib adapter replaced it. I did need to add a second rubber washer in the adapter to get it to seal properly. The washer is a bit smaller than a standard hose washer and I had one in my stash in the home shop. I'm sure they can by purchased at your local hardware store.

TJ

Last edited:
If you are referring to my shower valve change-out, I didn't modify the valve in any way. The existing "shower" valve was simply disconnected and replaced with the new valve. See the original post about the possible need to replace the thick backing washer. I did not have to do so, but it required cinching things down to prevent leaks.

The aerator was removed from the spout and 3/4" hose bib adapter replaced it. I did need to add a second rubber washer in the adapter to get it to seal properly. The washer is a bit smaller than a standard hose washer and I had one in my stash in the home shop. I'm sure they can by purchased at your local hardware store.

TJ
Thanks a lot

Here is a photo of mine. I changed the faucet fixture to a quick connect so that I have multiple options for shower, hands free wash, etc. I also added the quick connects to the flush side to make tank flushing a simple easy task. All products were available on amazon and were quick easy change outsView attachment 2436
Sorry is there a write up on this thing somewhere? My brain hurts.

Latest resources

Back