Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Jbarlow179

RVF Newbee
I just got a 97 Pace arrow with a p30 body style and a 454 engine and the people I got it from said it is set for two years in Kansas City and when they got there they had to charge the batteries and it started and they drove it to monett Missouri and when they stopped they had to get the batteries charged again and they drove it about another 15 miles and it's been sitting again at their house for another year-and-a-half and that it should start so I tried charging the battery all day yesterday and the batteries aren't good they're not holding charge so I went and bought a new battery today and when I get back and hook it up the batteries only got 10 volts so it's not doing anything but it's I just don't know if there's anything else that I should be looking at because I mean it's not doing anything at all or anybody has any suggestion of you know what I might be able to do to get it started or if there's a sequence of something that I should be doing to get it to start or how to work the the battery boost thing from the generator or any of that I would really appreciate it thank you very much

First of all, welcome to the forum. Someone with more knowledge than me will chime in soon. But I gotta say, I’ve never seen so much written without any punctuation...

Welcome Jason, great to have you join us here at RVF.

I went and bought a new battery today and when I get back and hook it up the batteries only got 10 volts so it's not doing anything
OK, if the "new" battery is only putting out 10 volts, it's not fully charged. Please unhook the battery from the RV and charge it completely. It should start the RV when it's fully charged.

Last edited:
Also once you get it started measure the voltage at the battery with it running. It should be 14.4 v or so. If not the alternator is not charging the battery.

Btw, house batteries are likely also dead.

Welcome to RVF, Jason. Glad to have you aboard.

Batteries need to be kept charged or they will go bad fairly quickly. There is almost always some electrical drain on them when a coach is sitting and once they go into a fully discharged state, they will be damaged.

In addition to checking the electrical output of the alternator, I suggest you also check the built-in charging system for the coach batteries. Most coaches have some type of a charging system built in that operates when the coach is plugged into shore power.

Good luck.

TJ

Latest resources

Back