Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hiring someone to move a Travel Trailer or 5th Wheel?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

christina eaton

RVF Newbee
I am attempting to help a family member find a 5th wheel or travel trailer to live in full time. I am just starting research but one question that comes to mind before going forward is if we find one are there people that can be paid to haul it to it's final destination i.e. an RV park with full time living options and in a worst case scenario if for some reason a few years from now if he had to change location he would be looking for someone to move him to a different location. If there are in fact these people about how much does a service like that cost? Thank you in advance.

Hi @christina eaton. Yes, there are pros who can perform that service. You can do a web search for transportation companies in the area you are interested in, or perhaps get a recommendation from a RV dealership or campground. I recently looked into getting a driver to transport a motorhome for me for about 600 miles and found a cost of $1.80 per mile plus fuel.

I am attempting to help a family member find a 5th wheel or travel trailer to live in full time. I am just starting research but one question that comes to mind before going forward is if we find one are there people that can be paid to haul it to it's final destination i.e. an RV park with full time living options and in a worst case scenario if for some reason a few years from now if he had to change location he would be looking for someone to move him to a different location. If there are in fact these people about how much does a service like that cost? Thank you in advance.
Thank you so much! That is just what I was looking for. I am on the beginning of this fact finding venture and the sites I found wanted all of my info so that they could do an estimate for me. I just needed a vague idea and you exceeded my expectation!! :)

Christina:

Search online for "RV transporters." And, if you get to the point of needing one, be sure the driver is bonded and insured, along with having a good driving record. Most RV transport companies screen their drivers and provide bonding/insurance. Freelance drivers are probably something to be avoided unless you are willing to do some background checking.

TJ

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back