• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hope It Is Just A Mild Case

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
You’re in my thoughts, @FL-JOE. Keep us updated and let us know if there is anything we can do.

Feel better. Keeping my fingers crossed for you. ?

Thanks so much for all the well wishes.

I'm still hopeful this will be a mild to moderate case, if it is covid19. Nothing has changed a whole lot since this started four days ago. Temperature came back down from 99 to 98, then went up to 100 this morning. The cough is still with me but I probably only cough once or twice every hour so it isn't like a real persistent thing. I feel "slower" than usual but really no other symptoms that are concerning me.

My plan is to stay in and rest through the holiday weekend. If there is no improvement or things worsen in the slightest I will teleconference my family doctor in Florida and see what she suggests. I also may reach out to my daughter who lives about 30 miles from where we are camped. She is an RN and she may know how I could go about getting tested in this area.

Not that I wish to play the odds, but the latest figures I can find is that 4% of people in their 60's who get covid19 die (I'm 68 next month), but it does jump to 8.6% for folks in their 70's.

Check-in daily please, we're with you.

Thanks so much for all the well wishes.

I'm still hopeful this will be a mild to moderate case, if it is covid19. Nothing has changed a whole lot since this started four days ago. Temperature came back down from 99 to 98, then went up to 100 this morning. The cough is still with me but I probably only cough once or twice every hour so it isn't like a real persistent thing. I feel "slower" than usual but really no other symptoms that are concerning me.

My plan is to stay in and rest through the holiday weekend. If there is no improvement or things worsen in the slightest I will teleconference my family doctor in Florida and see what she suggests. I also may reach out to my daughter who lives about 30 miles from where we are camped. She is an RN and she may know how I could go about getting tested in this area.

Not that I wish to play the odds, but the latest figures I can find is that 4% of people in their 60's who get covid19 die (I'm 68 next month), but it does jump to 8.6% for folks in their 70's.
Try to look at the 91.4% recovery rate. Makes happier times.

The DW decided to make a couple calls. Apparently in this area someone my age experiencing a slight temperature and cough is someone they want to test right away. Anyhow, we pulled up to the back entrance of the medical center Friday and the Doctor came out and jammed the yardstick up both my nose holes! Not a pleasant test I must say.

Got the results back yesterday. Negative for covid19. Just an old man with a head cold.

Thank goodness for that in spite of the yardstick test. Vitamin C is your friend.

I had a couple friends speculate that even though my test was negative, health officials would still mark it down as a "covid-19" case. They believe this is being done all over in order to drive up the actual numbers of infected citizens because the locals get money back from the feds.

I'm not sure I buy into all of that, but as we continue through this thing I still do not personally know of anyone who has gotten the virus. I have a rather large family and none of them personally know of anyone either. Weird.

Consider yourself lucky. I know several people who have been infected and one that has died. Covid-19 is no joke, despite what some would have you believe.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back