• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question House battery not charging by alternator

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I'd be careful what dealer you take it to. We all know how that can turn out. I'd probably start at a Spartan shop to make sure the alternator is working correctly, and if that checks out, then select a dealership you feel comfortable with. Are you anywhere within 500 miles of a NIRVC dealership? If it were me, that is where I would go just because I always had a great experience with them. Although they are not the cheapest in town, they seem to have good techs, at least a few years ago. Others can chime in with more current knowledge about them or others.

We are going to take it to Independence RV in Orlando. It should be under warranty. We’ll see..

they have a great rep. At least that is what I have heard.

We are going to take it to Independence RV in Orlando. It should be under warranty. We’ll see..
Was wondering if you got this resolved?

Had a great experience at Independence RV. Tom was the service writer. Appears that when Newmar swapped the BIRD at Tampa Show, the wires got swapped. Batteries would not properly Bridge.
I’ll have to verify that all is working correctly when we head to Newmar for the annual service.
Used the dealers wash contractor, $175 for a decent wash. Happy to get all the cross country grime off the RV.😎
Also they adjusted the front hood so it opens correctly and verified that there is no air tank leak. Some reason I thought there was a leak after the air doubler was installed. My bad.

Latest resources

Back