Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How are you keeping at peace in these crazy times?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
With obvious stresses such as finances, health, plans being cancelled, how are you keeping the peace and your chin up?

For me, keeping the news off, as usual, minimizing my time on social media, spending time playing pickleball and walking the pup. Soon I'll be hitting the road from AZ to VA which will add a little stress for various reasons.

Share your techniques and wisdom for those here that may be struggling and can use some advice in riding out times like this.

As people of faith, LadyDi and I are keeping our thoughts balanced and focused on that aspect of our lives. For us, it is comforting to know that we are just a small part of a much larger picture.

TJ

Last edited:
With obvious stresses such as finances, health, plans being cancelled, how are you keeping the peace and your chin up?

For me, keeping the news off, as usual, minimizing my time on social media, spending time playing pickleball and walking the pup. Soon I'll be hitting the road from AZ to VA which will add a little stress for various reasons.

Share your techniques and wisdom for those here that may be struggling and can use some advice in riding out times like this.
In my case, I've build a life based on honestly and goodwill, and by default I find a certain amount of peace comes with it.

When I do have time to dwell on the worlds problems, it's generally at night when I wake up from some unknown fear that has edged ts way in. I think that comes from the last 20 years of owning a high stress company. It was common to find me up during the night, trying to solve my companies life-or-death problems. And they come from every direction when you sit at the top of the food chain.

Today, 8 years after selling, I still find myself waking up and wandering to my desk, mostly out of habit. And as I sit there I breath a sigh of relief that I am no longer a significant player in the worlds business. I've done what I can to keep my dependence on the outside world to a minimum. I own no stock and my investments (mostly property) are under my control. Well, as much as can be expected anyway. I carry -0- debt. We use a credit card to buy most everything, but we pay it off every month. (I use an Chase sponsored Amazon card (5% back) and I have a local bank card for backup when I exceed the limits of the fuel pump.) I'm sure most of you can relate to that damn gas pump limit. :)

I never lie. I always under-promise and over-deliver. I have a strong set of ethics that can be counted on and I NEVER settle a frivolous lawsuit for the sake of getting out of it for less. I never ask someone to do something that I wouldn't do myself and I give freely of my time to those who need it.

At the end of the day, I find myself at peace, regardless of what the rest of the world is doing.

But I digress.

Most of the time I just drink a lot of beer... :)

Last edited:
Perhaps I should not purchase motorhomes. The stock market went down right after my first purchase. It took a longer to earn the money back than anticipated, but I got through it. Now I seem to be in the same position again.

I think you have the right idea, Neal. This is a media created and driven public panic. This is well designed and well executed. They just needed an excuse to initiate it. Very few use brains or logic anymore. Most have no real faith thus at the slightest provocation they panic and are ready to fist fight over toilet tissue. 1929, 1907, 2008, 2009 all have come and gone. Those who made out the best either were very, very lucky with their timing or just ignored the panic and waited it out. This too will pass.

The economy is good, although all that may soon change, and then I will have cause for serious concern, but markets are temporarily swayed one way or the other by peoples emotions. I heard one analyst say the best thing you can do in times of turmoil (assuming you have a long term financial strategy in place) is nothing.

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow. He has always provided for His own and always will. I hope it doesn't get any worse than it is, but I am trying not to participate in the madness.

I hope the camping is good this summer.

My wife says I’m like Mr Spock. Almost nothing gets me overly emotional. I’ve been through many market downturns before as a financial advisor. This is my first time as a retiree. But I know I’m in the right asset allocation...so will just ride it out. I’m over 60, and my wife, while younger, has a compromised immune system. We’re pretty much staying home, and taking a few extra precautions.

My personal mantra is “Don’t worry about things you can do nothing about; and, if there’s something you can do, do it and quit worrying”

Who was it that said “what, me worry?l

Who was it that said “what, me worry?l
That would have been the fictional Alfred E. Newman of MAD magazine fame.

Now, who was it that sang "Don't worry, be happy?"

TJ

I loved MAD magazine. Some of the best satire. Bobby McFerrin sang don’t worry, be happy...

That would have been the fictional Alfred E. Newman of MAD magazine fame.

Now, who was it that sang "Don't worry, be happy?"

TJ
Bobby Mc Ferrin

Latest resources

Back