Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How are you keeping at peace in these crazy times?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I’m actually glad to be retired in today’s tumultuous time. I don’t think things are as bad as being made out and don’t have the stress of work. I saw the gas crisis in the 70’s, economic downturn of the tech bubble and 80’s, junk bonds of the 90’s, real estate bust and financial crisis in 2008 and survived well enough to retire in 2018. This is temporary, I will continue to enjoy retirement, traveling, RV lifestyle and family.

I don’t watch news anymore, to depressing ?

i still work FT for a big company and own a company on the side, which can be really stressful at times, on top of the environment we are in right now.

My prescription Is daily exercise, good nutrition (including a cold beer), relaxation techniques and plenty of sleep. The rest is a function of the information you take in and how you deal with it. I try my hardest to filter out the "negative noise" especially now. Most of the times I am successful at doing that, but not perfect.

I try to use common sense when navigating the uncertain times we are in right now. I won’t deny that it’s hard to not worry but we each have our own way of dealing with it. We just have to get through this unforeseen chain of events.

It’s never too late to have a happy childhood

Generally I don't worry about things that are out of my control. So far current health events haven't changed our lives too much. the DW is just getting over a bad bronchitis bout that has been going around down here so I am doing all the shopping. We are staying out of restaurants for now. I dug out my clippers yesterday and buzzed my head so I could avoid going to the local barbershop.

My wife says I’m like Mr Spock. Almost nothing gets me overly emotional. I’ve been through many market downturns before as a financial advisor. This is my first time as a retiree. But I know I’m in the right asset allocation...so will just ride it out. I’m over 60, and my wife, while younger, has a compromised immune system. We’re pretty much staying home, and taking a few extra precautions.

My personal mantra is “Don’t worry about things you can do nothing about; and, if there’s something you can do, do it and quit worrying”
Most logical.

Latest resources

Back