Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

How can I get opposite opinions from what I’m being fed by “algorithms”?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
When I was a kid we had to two major media papers delivered in the town The Denver Post and The Rock Mountain News. One was Left one was Right, Please don't shoot the messenger, I didn't say one was right. In the day one was (D) and one was (R) The bliss was no one was so divided that either was wrong. If you want I will PM a few of my sources because any other way is considered wrong.

When I was a kid we had to two major media papers delivered in the town The Denver Post and The Rock Mountain News. One was Left one was Right, Please don't shoot the messenger, I didn't say one was right. In the day one was (D) and one was (R) The bliss was no one was so divided that either was wrong. If you want I will PM a few of my sources because any other way is considered wrong.
Please do.

I’ve noticed that on the interne, where I get most of my news, I seem to get only one side of current events. Today I was reading and watching news stuff online, and decided some of the stuff, as much as I enjoy it, was a bit one-sided.
(I’ve noticed that when peoplle hear their own ideas over and over, it gets entrenched. They get emotionally invested.)
I I thought “surely someone out there holds exact opposite opinions and I’d like to know what, and why, and how”. The issue I was reading about seems so obvious to even a brainless amoeba, and yet (‘ve read that opinions are ‘split 50-50’.
So, I just want to know how they could think otherwise. Yet I get no feed in my usual sources.
I watch Youtube when I have a bit of time to kill, not enough time for a movie, and usually it’s fun clips on topics I enjoy. But lately I’m flooded with opinion clips on a certain topic I’ve followed occasionally, but with no opposing views.
How can I find different viewpoints?
I no longer watch "news" channels as they are nothing more than propaganda outlets. So is Google.
What I have done is started doing is I use "Brave" as my internet browser with " Duckduckgo" as the search engine.
A very easy way to see the difference, open 2 tabs in your browser. one tab go to google.com. the other duckduckgo.com
now in the search bar type the controversial "qanon" and hit enter. Google nothing except the "cnn" type view. Duckduckgo , has that view along with much more.
If you see something on the "news" that you question (and you should question all of it today) do a search on duckduckgo and do your own reasearch. Somewhere in the middle is probably close to the truth. Foreign news won't be so distorted as it is here.
And get more sides to a story depending if they are a U.S. ally or foe.

Search school college News for less conservative views.

Search church news for more conservative views.

Search financial news for big money views.

Search farmer small Town news for small money views.
a bit broad

If you post a comment with controversial facts/figures but feel you can’t post a link to where the facts/figures were obtained then the post holds no value i

I no longer watch "news" channels as they are nothing more than propaganda outlets. So is Google.
What I have done is started doing is I use "Brave" as my internet browser with " Duckduckgo" as the search engine.
A very easy way to see the difference, open 2 tabs in your browser. one tab go to google.com. the other duckduckgo.com
now in the search bar type the controversial "qanon" and hit enter. Google nothing except the "cnn" type view. Duckduckgo , has that view along with much more.
If you see something on the "news" that you question (and you should question all of it today) do a search on duckduckgo and do your own reasearch. Somewhere in the middle is probably close to the truth. Foreign news won't be so distorted as it is here.
And get more sides to a story depending if they are a U.S. ally or foe.
Very helpful - I’ll try Brave .

Latest resources

Back