Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

J Trana

RVF Newbee
When I purchased my 2019 Newmar New Aire the previous owner turned off the camera to the Turn signals. I would like to turn them back on but can not figure out how to do it. Thanks for the help

I'm not sure if this will do it, but I will try to point you to a possible solution. If you open your front slide where the generator is located. You can follow some wires from your drivers side mirror to the camera plug connection. Make sure it is connected. There might be another one on the passenger side, but I'm not sure as I had an issue with the one on my driver's side. Not at my coach so can't look. Hope this helps.

1711418294783.jpeg

1711418322951.jpeg

When I purchased my 2019 Newmar New Aire the previous owner turned off the camera to the Turn signals. I would like to turn them back on but can not figure out how to do it. Thanks for the help
Got to the settings area on your display there maybe a camera option. At least mine does and that is where you can turn them on and off. I set my rear camera on to run all the time to see my toad.

Got to the settings area on your display there maybe a camera option. At least mine does and that is where you can turn them on and off. I set my rear camera on to run all the time to see my toad.
I do have the camera settings. I see where it says turn on Rear Camera with an option of off and on. Do you simply turn that to off? I do not see any other options. Thanks for the help.

I’m not positive on your NA but if you think about it the left and right view of the lanes when turn signals are operating are not part of the 360 camera view. On my 2018 DS there was a separate module under the dash for the two turn cameras and the rear lower camera. I didn’t like the redundant rear camera views so I disconnected that wire from this module It was 5 years ago so I don’t remember exactly what it looks like.
I believe it is located right near the Xcite module

I lost my camera when I turned my left turn signal on as a result of a loose connection as I indicated in my above response. The photos are from a Newmar tech at the service center to help me get the camera back when using turn signal. You might want to check it as it would be an easy fix to plug it back in.

On my 2018 DS there was a separate module under the dash for the two turn cameras and the rear lower camera. I didn’t like the redundant rear camera views so I disconnected that wire from this module It was 5 years ago so I don’t remember exactly what it looks like.
I just noticed he had a 2019 so he may not have camera in outside mirror like mine, so I'm guessing it will be located here as well.

You are correct in the wire connection and checking it, I’m talking about the the control side that tells the camera to activate IE: activating the turn signals or shifting in reverse. To your point if it’s unplugged or camera failed , nothing will help under the dash

According to his first message the previous owner “Turned it off”. Indicating to me there are no problems, just needing a little help on where to turn it on.

First what system do you have? Have you looked for a manual in the coach or on-line?

Now, did you turn the rear camera “on”?
Pictures of the screen would help.

According to his first message the previous owner “Turned it off”. Indicating to me there are no problems, just needing a little help on where to turn it on.
One way to turn it off would be to unplug it. I don't know of any other way to turn it off via the xite screen on a Newmar coach. If it isn't unplugged I would call Newmar for guidance.

Latest resources

Back