Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How do you remove fan screen for cleaning?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Rich-MLsRV

RVF Supporter
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana
RV Length
Chassis
Freightliner
Engine
TOW/TOAD
2020 Jeep Cherokee
Fulltimer
No
I'd like to clean the screen but can' figure out how to remove the screen. There's a lock dial which I have unlocked. I don't want to force removal as I am concerned with breaking.

IMG_3085.jpg

In your photo, at the very top of the image, on the ring around the screen is a finger pull. Use it to pull down to remove. It snaps in place. I would suggest turning it to a better access point when snapping it back into place. Experienced with baloney fingers!

Lock switch is for the vent. Scree just pulls down, there are 4-6 small tabs that cheeps it stay in place. I know the feeling of not wanting to break as they can be difficult. We had one in the 1/2 bath that I was sure would break so we waited till we were in Nappanee and let them remove, it didn’t break.

Further info…

The retention springs are VERY stiff and it WILL feel like you’re gonna break it. It does tend to torque that plastic frame more than my comfort, so I work my way around the perimeter to make sure it comes off evenly.

I’d even smear some dry silicone on those tabs to make them slide easier next time.

Latest resources

Back