• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How do you schedule factory service?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Newmar sends them down (at least the Amish) on a bus. If anyone wants service at the Rally you must fill out the form they included with the NKK package they sent you. Probably too late to send it in but you'll need to submit it in the "tent" in the corner of the CG.

How does that work? Do they drive their horse & carriages down there or what?
Well, for starters, not all of the Newmar techs are Amish, if that's what you're thinking. Then, the Amish are allowed to ride in motorized vehicles to get to and from work, etc. I'm guessing that would cover transportation to another location for work purposes.

We spent three weeks in Nappanee in June and had a couple of Amish techs working on our coach. I must say that they were very fine folks and did excellent work. I have a huge amount of respect for Amish craftsmanship and the Amish workers that accomplish it.

TJ

I’m such an igonoramus...
Well, for starters, not all of the Newmar techs are Amish, if that's what you're thinking. Then, the Amish are allowed to ride in motorized vehicles to get to and from work, etc. I'm guessing that would cover transportation to another location for work purposes.

We spent three weeks in Nappanee in June and had a couple of Amish techs working on our coach. I must say that they were very fine folks and did excellent work. I have a huge amount of respect for Amish craftsmanship and the Amish workers that accomplish it.

TJ
it was a sincere question, @TJ&LadyDi. I wasn’t was questioning their lifestyle, craftsmanship or anything else. I was merely thinking out loud from a perspective of practicality.

I don't know how they do it in the winter, riding bikes or buggies! And I'm not even sure their homes have electricity but I tell you, cutting out Internet and all that stuff would do us all some good!

We scheduled our annual service at Newmar Service Center this week. Assigned March 9th. It was easy. Emailed my list of items to [email protected] and Devon responded in a few days with a Quote. Sign and return the estimate if you agree or modify list as necessary with your preferred time. They will work you in as possible. Also, if you work with a specific work group, specify who you want to work on the Coach.

I just read where labor discount is offered Jan-Mar, make sure you get it.

I just read where labor discount is offered Jan-Mar, make sure you get it.
Interesting comment? We specifically make our appointments in March for the discounted rate. Even when the maintenance took well into April Newmar has always honoured the discounted off season rate with us.

Latest resources

Back