Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How long can you live off of the FOOD in your coach now?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

How long can you survive on your FOOD?

• 1 Day

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 3 Days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Weeks

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 3 Weeks

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 1 Month or more

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters

Neal

Staff member
RVF Administrator
RV Year
RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Ventana 4037
RV Length
40' 10"
Chassis
Freightliner XCR
Engine
Cummins 400 HP
TOW/TOAD
2017 Chevy Colorado
Fulltimer
No
You're connected to electric/water/sewer, based on the contents in your coach how long could you go without leaving your coach?

You're connected to electric/water/sewer, based on the contents in your coach how long could you go without leaving your coach?
Does that include food for Elli & Dusty?

Does that include food for Elli & Dusty?

Valid question. As the intent is how long under a normal load out can you survive includes pets. Not leaving your site or taking deliveries.

Probably not to long over 30 days. We just moved into new coach and haven't stocked up like the last one. May not have enough beer and wine to last longer.
Bill

My coach is plugged in beside the house but our S&B fridge/freezer/pantry has 4-6 weeks of chow in it that can be transferred to the coach if need be.

Like @RKins, we are plugged in alongside the sticks-and-bricks, so we would have access to at least two months worth of food. And, just today, we had a 22KW whole-house generator installed for the sticks-and-bricks to keep us comfortable the next time the power goes out. It will also keep the freezer and reefer up so frozen food doesn't spoil if the power goes out when we are away.

TJ

Just bought two 30 packs so I’m probably good for two or 3 days?

When this started we were more concerned with Lysol hand wipes, soap, and hand sanitizer. We have enough of these supplies to last maybe a month. I have picked up some extra canned goods to extend our food supply to around 2 weeks if needed. Tomorrow I will make another run through a couple stores in search of fresh meat and will probably add more canned good to extend us to a 3 week level.

We won't be moving out of Florida for another 3 weeks or so. Store shelves are getting pretty bare in the Ft Myers area. I'm guessing once more of the die hard spring breakers leave our State the shelves will start to fill up a little again.

Being parked next to your S&B or in a site owned lot with a casita really isn't the scenario here. You're off in a CG and it's how long can you go with what you stock in your RV typically. I personally keep my freezer packed, for whatever reason, and pantry full and maybe another cabinet or two with things. If I had to ration as well I know the whole eat to live vs. eat for pleasure concept. Calories required type of thing.

My DW, bless her heart, thinks there is zero chance that we would run so low on fresh meat and other grocery store items that we would have to open a can of spam and fry it or do any type of ration type of consumption. She grew up in a town of 3,000 with a wonderful father and a stay at home mother. My life experiences have been the opposite. When I told her yesterday that I would be trying to find several cans of spam plus several sympathy cards today at a couple stores she thought I was nuts. I assured her that if this virus got as bad as it did in most other countries we would be possibly using the spam by May and certainly need several sympathy cards by then to send out.

Latest resources

Back