Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest RV Community on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, review campgrounds
  • Get the most out of the RV Lifestyle
  • Invite everyone to RVForums.com and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How long can you live off of the FOOD in your coach now?

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

How long can you survive on your FOOD?

• 1 Day

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • 3 Days

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1 Week

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 Weeks

Votes: 5 45.5%
  • 3 Weeks

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • 1 Month or more

Votes: 3 27.3%

• Total voters
Funny, I asked my wife this last night. I said I thought we could go maybe 4-6 weeks if we were actively rationing in a high stakes doomsday scenario but under normal usage, we’d probably only last maybe 2 weeks.

By the way, for those of you using hand sanitizer, it is better than nothing but stick to soap if you can. Hand sanitizer doesn’t do much to remove the virus from your hands and generally, is unable to get past its protective coating to actually kill it. My friend Alton Brown explains it better:

Right now, I think we have to find that delicate balance between preparedness and panic! It isn't easy when all we get from the media I'd doom-and-gloom. We are limiting our exposure to the news; getting just enough to stay informed without being saturated.

Food supply has not become a problem here and we have at least six week's worth on hand. A trip to the store (probably Costco) once a month should keep our shelves stocked.

There is another food alternative that we need to consider; take-out from restaurants. While many are closed to sit-down traffic, they remain open to take-out. We have friends who own a small, high-quality restaurant and they are trying to keep from going bust by offering takeout delivered right out to your car. You call in your order, give them your credit card information and they tell you what time to pick up your order. When you arrive, your order is delivered to your car (bagged) by one of the owners, wearing a mask and gloves. Eerie, but it works and may help them survive the economic consequences of the pandemic. I suspect there are a lot of small restaurants (and, larger ones too) that will be doing this. They are going to need all the help they can get!

The weather has cleared up here and we live on a couple of acres in the country, so finding ways to stay occupied is easy. Lots of spring garden work needs doing, along with some put-off home and motorhome projects.

We are looking at staying put in our little oasis until things settle down. Probably won't get to our place in Polson until mid-summer this year. Bummer, but it is what it is!

TJ

Hopefully you can make it to Polson by second week of June and we can sit around with a good beer, reminiscing how we survived this ordeal?

Hopefully you can make it to Polson by second week of June and we can sit around with a good beer, reminiscing how we survived this ordeal?
That would be nice, Bill. Hopefully, this thing will quiet down by then. We are just playing it by ear right now. Give our best to Lisa.

TJ

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back