• Commercial/Vendors welcome

How NOT to tow your Jeep

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Stupid people with too much money. I’m glad other people didn’t have to cover for their ”insurance loss”, if you are this dumb you deserve to lose money. Just like a bad investment. No one covers your losses, I don’t feel sorry for them. If you have this much to gamble, you have this much to lose. How unfortunate for you to be this dumb. Capitalism on steroids if you will.

Last edited:
Stupid people with too much money. I’m glad other people didn’t have to cover for their ”insurance loss”, if you are this dumb you deserve to lose money. Just like a bad investment. No one covers your losses, I don’t feel sorry for them. If you have this much to gamble, you have this much to lose. How unfortunate for you to be this dumb. Capitalism on steroids if you will.
Please don't go there. Just be thankful that you missed that boat. We all make mistakes, some just cost more than others.

Respectfully Kevin, more money equals bigger mistakes. I don’t feel sorry for them and nobody including an insurance company can bail them out. In fact let’s take into the consider the average the income that it takes to buy a Jeep. This is pew institute 2018. I don’t know anyone that I know that can afford these trash vehicles. They all get crap mileage. I can’t believe people people buy them.

Last edited:
When I lived aboard my boat on my mooring in Newport Beach, CA I made comments to a friend, that I bet all those people on shore wish all the trash I the harbor was gone. I learned his dad watched me come to shore and remarked how nice it would be not to be one pay check from financial failure. But then I was and am a poor boy. Go figure!

kevin, can I ask you. Can you cover some of the money from their unfortunate mistakes from their poor Jeep accident? It’s so sad really, it’s a terrible disease of stupidity. If only we can all chip in by subsidies for this poor mans unfortunate losing of his entire transmission. Oh my goodness, couldn’t we apply this same model to healthcare in the US?!?! How much does it cost? well all write a sympathetic check. Poor baby, I feel so bad for his Jeep, we should start a go fund me to repair his poor transmission.

Last edited:
Well, you have the right signature I guess.

Hmmmmm, sounds like someone needs a hug. Not sure the rant but like I stated, it happens to many over the years. Not just a Jeep Wrangler but other vehicles too and more so. I seriously doubt the insurance company will pay any claim on this and if they do, it is the nature of the beast. Think on this, even if the car insurance industry never had a claim what so ever from any customer, rates will still be high because they charge you on the probability of accidents happening. That goes for life and health too.

35 and pissed off. Wait until you are my age, worked hard for a company your whole life and have been tasked with starting new units and formulating your companies policy and procedures and working with legal around the clock to safeguard you as best as possible and then get passed over for promotions for those who never lifted a finger! That’s life my friend.....either you rot within being as your signature states, pissed off, or you keep your head up and smile knowing you‘re better than the others and gave it your best.

Millenials, what do you do with them!

thanks friends, not sure how old your are but I surmise your are all about retirement age. You have all enjoyed the biggest economic boom in the world since the 1950s. My generation has experienced the most health decline mostly related to lack of affordable health care, stagnated wages (for generations) and unaffordable living costs on top of that and massive amounts of college debts that we were told we needed. I would feel privileged to eek out a life living in a small camper and a mediocre truck. Some of you are out of touch with reality. This is a conversation we all need to have. What happens to the future generations of RV/rs? Pissed off? Rightly so? Do I need a hug, yes I do! I was taught hugging men or anyone makes you gay. Feelings, make you gay, you cannot have feelings where I come from. Your generation has taught us this. I work hard too! I don’t need a hand out. Luckily I’m a union employee. I’m well educated and have a half of dozen certifications in my field. But I cannot afford a 40k truck. What am I supposed to do? I wish the old salts here can give me some advice. I have a massive portfolio, mostly in dividend stocks, and since the pandemic I have been making money hand over fist. This is not to spend, retirement only. What say ye? Also I’m tired of the blanket sh*t talk about millennials, we didn’t ruin anything. Look at gen Z. Sh*t I grew up with nothing, no cable tv, or long distance telephone. We were hard core back in the early 90s. The economy you built ruined everything.

@lostinfla and @Germanrazor I saw this coming. It takes longer for some to figure life out than others. Some never do. We now know (conferm) that this will go nowhere.

I have indeed figured out life. The short answer is to stop buying things. we are in fact making progress. I live in one of the most sought after cities in the US. I own a house here.

as Kevin points out he lived on anchor in Newport Beach, in what year? I was there in 2015 and it was highly regulated and impossible to anchor. nothing’s as easy at it used to be.

Last edited:
thanks friends, not sure how old your are but I surmise your are all about retirement age. You have all enjoyed the biggest economic boom in the world since the 1950s. My generation has experienced the most health decline mostly related to lack of affordable health care, stagnated wages (for generations) and unaffordable living costs on top of that and massive amounts of college debts that we were told we needed. I would feel privileged to eek out a life living in a small camper and a mediocre truck. Some of you are out of touch with reality. This is a conversation we all need to have. What happens to the future generations of RV/rs? Pissed off? Rightly so? Do I need a hug, yes I do! I was taught hugging men or anyone makes you gay. Feelings, make you gay, you cannot have feelings where I come from. Your generation has taught us this. I work hard too! I don’t need a hand out. Luckily I’m a union employee. I’m well educated and have a half of dozen certifications in my field. But I cannot afford a 40k truck. What am I supposed to do? I wish the old salts here can give me some advice. I have a massive portfolio, mostly in dividend stocks, and since the pandemic I have been making money hand over fist. This is not to spend, retirement only. What say ye? Also I’m tired of the blanket sh*t talk about millennials, we didn’t ruin anything. Look at gen Z. Sh*t I grew up with nothing, no cable tv, or long distance telephone. We were hard core back in the early 90s. The economy you built ruined everything.

@lostinfla and @Germanrazor I saw this coming. It takes longer for some to figure life out than others. Some never do. We now know (conferm) that this will go nowhere.

I have indeed figured out life. The short answer is to stop buying things. we are in fact making progress. I live in one of the most sought after cities in the US. I own a house here.

as Kevin points out he lived on anchor in Newport Beach, in what year? I was there in 2015 and it was highly regulated and impossible to anchor. nothing’s as easy at it used to be.
Let’s have that conversation. First, giving you a virtual hug ??. You know what? 35 is not as young as you think. You’re gonna blink your eyes and you’ll be 45, and maybe your signature will change and you’ll have found your happiness. I hope so! At your age some have a family and are wondering how the heck they’ll ever get that nest egg. You’re so lucky you already have the latter figured out. Now you can find your passion and what makes you smile. And it’s ok to be selfish and spend all your time and money as a minimalist in an RV. It’s ok to do that. You don’t need to have everything figured out today, but you also shouldn’t direct such frustration outward ( or inward). Go enjoy yourself for a couple years! If your portfolio is so big you can afford to! And, nothing is easy. I know, you made a lot of sacrifices and are surprised to be 35 saying “whaaaaat?! I did everything right. Go find enjoyment and I’ll bet you’ll feel a lot better about what it seems you think is a sorry state of affairs.
p.s. All 5 of our kids are college educated and only one could afford a jeep- but he’s more practical so owns a Subaru. None are 35 yet, but I’d give them the same advice if they have investments! I applaud your generation for all the great conversations started on universal healthcare and diversity and inclusion. Your generation did that. Now stop picking on mine?
Go get that RV and travel ( I would keep the condo tho)!

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back