• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Tzuriel

RVF Newbee
Hi,

New to the RV realm, just bought a 30' Catalina and am making plans for how much office work I'll be able to do in it. It's a 50A system with two AC's and the one thing I haven't got a handle on is how many computers and the networking equipment I'll be able to run. I live in Texas so the two AC's will be heavily used.

Can people share their experiences on what to expect w.r.t. how much computer equipment one can run in an RV. My goal is to have a large monitor, computer, router, modem, switch, laptop, and a few smaller (5v) computers to run.

Thoughts much appreciated.

All equipment has a label on the case, close to the power connection
watts = volts * amps, amps= watts/volts. Because you are considering 50 amp service you will want to convert listing in watts to amps, use the formula.

Because the solar world and most things like generators, solar panels, inverters are rated in watts, I like to convert all things to watts first. Who knows, you may choose to go off grid someday. When I have crunched all the numbers I then convert to Amps. You can add equipment untill you have reached 80 percent of the 50 amps rating of your service, yes that is to keep your cord and plug from overheating, a NECA standard.

Latest resources

Back