• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Question How to sell quick

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I like when people ask me "what is your best price"? I listed a car a while back for $32,000. When asked what my "best price" was, I told him $40,000. That would actually be MY best price.
Ken

As you are most likely well aware the market is flooded with used RVs or at least it is in Texas. A friend has an immaculate 5er that has been listed on every conceivable place for 2 months with two lookers. His price of $50,000 is $8,000 less than every other comparable make, model, and year listed and his unit is pristine.

As you are most likely well aware the market is flooded with used RVs or at least it is in Texas. A friend has an immaculate 5er that has been listed on every conceivable place for 2 months with two lookers. His price of $50,000 is $8,000 less than every other comparable make, model, and year listed and his unit is pristine.
Yah there is a guy on YouTube called the economics ninja. He and his followers are waiting for the bottom before they buy! He says it ain't here yet! If he is right (and you must decide for yourself), you might consider selling for what you can get, and lick your wounds. At least you can if you're not upside-down.

Hi everyone. I'm new to this. I need advice. How to sell my RV quick without giving it away. Thanks 🙏
Original owner or part of a chain? A binder of all repairs will help. I was 2nd owner on mine. Original owner not only had that binder but also step by step instructions, with pictures. That helped me because I was a novice of the workings of an RV.

Original owner or part of a chain? A binder of all repairs will help. I was 2nd owner on mine. Original owner not only had that binder but also step by step instructions, with pictures. That helped me because I was a novice of the workings of an RV.
Sounds obvious but clean it and get rid of personal effects so pictures are clear and show the RV's personality. This was one of my biggest let downs when I was looking for our coach. People would not clean or tidy things up and would have all their personal effects out and expect big bucks for their units. I passed up many coached because my feeling was if you could not clean it to sell it then you probably didn't take care of it either.

Sounds obvious but clean it and get rid of personal effects so pictures are clear and show the RV's personality. This was one of my biggest let downs when I was looking for our coach. People would not clean or tidy things up and would have all their personal effects out and expect big bucks for their units. I passed up many coached because my feeling was if you could not clean it to sell it then you probably didn't take care of it either.
So true.
I see so many RV photos that are dark, out of focus, tilted, show blinds or shades crooked, toilet paper hanging down, dishes in the sink. I find it helpful for photos labeled describing whatever the feature being shown. Even if it shows peeling leather, suggest it is only $300 to buy a new piece or you will kick in $600 to get it reupholstered. Better yet, get 'er done yourself. Throw covers or loosely fitting covers of any sort are a dead giveaway to crappy furniture.

Clean up your storage bays so they don't look like a grease monkey or hoarder lives there.

Latest resources

Back