RV Make
Newmar
RV Model
Mountain Aire 4118
RV Length
41'
TOW/TOAD
2018 JL Rubicon & 2019 Cherokee Trailhawk
Anybody have an alternative source for one of these other than the obvious place? It was there when I started the day but gone at the end of the day.

FLSteve IMG_7002.jpgIMG_7003.jpg

I paid the penalty and got mine from Newmar but I think Gaffney may be able to source them cheaper. I think this was discussed before when I lost mine. I'll see if I can find the thread.

Edit: can't find it so far

Here's @MapNerd's thread:

I lost mine after a service at Gafney and they had one sent to me…free. So they do have them in stock. Or did…

I bought from here: Hubcaps & Wheel Covers

Perfect match, logo and all. Shipping was quick. Price not much different from the mothership at the time.

I haven’t lost another since. That might be because I added a bead of silicone to all of them as suggested by others, but I feel like the more likely reason I haven’t lost another one is because I bought two and now have a spare. Things never break or fall off when you have a spare.

For my next RV, I think I’ll buy two and just tow the other behind me as a scavenger unit.

Folks, thanks for the suggestions. Funny ... I had also just left Gaffney for annual service when I noticed it was gone. Anyway I have contacted them to see it I can get a replacement.

FLSteve ?

Same thing happened to me, left Gaffney. I should have called them, they should probably replace it for you. But most of all, those leaving chassis service should inspect these carefully to ensure they are secure.

Final update ... Gaffney overnighted one free of charge. Had the Newmar logo on it and all is good. Kudos to Freightliner.

FLSteve (y) (y) (y)

Awesome! Glad I was able to help! They have been great with service and when ever I have had an issue.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back