• Commercial/Vendors welcome

Hubcaps (center of wheel)

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
I am not surprised at all that FCCC Gaffney did this. I fully expected it. I should have contacted them when I lost mine but I now know to carefully inspect post any service touching the tires.

And I have added a touch of clear silicone to each one to help. Have not lost one yet, but all you need it a good pothole or bump….

I had my FL service on Sep 22 and told the tech to ensure the hub caps are secure that I lost one last year and paid Newmar $100 for a new one. He said he checked them and even replaced clips on one. Well, I lost another. I emailed the reservation desk, no reply yet. I'll try the FCCC service email.

@FLSteve - who did you email or talk to for your replacement?

The other issue is my concern that these 70mph discs can kill someone. I'll report as such to FL but I wonder if this warrants a recall? Parts of any type separating from a moving vehicle is not tolerable.

I had my FL service on Sep 22 and told the tech to ensure the hub caps are secure that I lost one last year and paid Newmar $100 for a new one. He said he checked them and even replaced clips on one. Well, I lost another. I emailed the reservation desk, no reply yet. I'll try the FCCC service email.

@FLSteve - who did you email or talk to for your replacement?

The other issue is my concern that these 70mph discs can kill someone. I'll report as such to FL but I wonder if this warrants a recall? Parts of any type separating from a moving vehicle is not tolerable.
@Neal ... I just sent an email to Willie (the lady at the service center front desk) and I think she forwarded it on to the proper person. I had it the next day by fed-x overnight.

FLSteve

Willie Gilliam
Service Advisor

Freightliner Service Center
103 Campus Drive
Gaffney, SC 29341
(855) 253-0421 - Phone
(864) 206-8755 – Fax
[email protected]
[email protected]

Emails didn't work, no responses so I called and left a VM. I got a call back from Parts, he said he never got any emails, well, I didn't send to him, I sent to reservation email and also the service email. I think for anyone that experiences this in the future the best thing to do is just call FL parts and he will likely accommodate you. Mine was overnighted and received. I discussed the situation, he said the silicone option is what people are doing as @MapNerd pointed out so I'll start doing that. I did mention the danger of 70mph discs flying around the highway, but nothing discussed. It needs to get reported as a safety issue someday.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back