• Commercial/Vendors welcome

HWH jacks not extending but pump runs

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
There is also a 50 psi switch on ours. The 50 psi switch closes a signal to ground when 50 psi is reached. It must signal at least 50 psi for valves to open during extension. If your pumps run...but none of the jacks extend...I would start with testing the 50 psi switch. The 3000 psi switch is for excessive slope.
@Chuggs , I did get an immediate “excess slope” warning on the screen as mentioned in the OP. That is why the the 3000psi switch is in consideration. So, which psi switch is the most likely culprit if it is one of the two?

Opps deleted my post somehow. I was trying to say...

I believe if the 50 psi switch is inop and doesn't allow the port to open...the jacks won't move, the motor keeps turning, and the psi reaches 3000 psi quickly with no place to go, and excessive slope is triggered as it is supposed to with 3000 psi switch being triggered. Normally, the jacks would stop moving when they ahieve 220 psi and have leveled the coach...motor will stop before reaching 3000 psi.

A follow up thought...

If you short the 50 psi to grounding point the valves should work and the jacks move... if they don't move...the shuttle valve in the unit may be seized...stuck in the position that lets the fluid retun to the reservoir. Just a second thought.

Last edited:
All good thoughts. Do call HWH today and leave a message - they will call back although it may be a few days. if you can find AZPete he can guide as well. Again my issue was the 3000# switch and just unplugging the orange wire was all it took to determine that the 3000# sw was bad (shorted from the orange wire to the brass case)
IRV2 has a great Newmar section and there are lots of good people there to help. Pete tends to monitor that site.

"Contact Paul at AZPETE on the Irv2 forum. He works for HWH and can answer your questions. His email is [email protected] and his phone number is 602-549-3638. He is a Commercial Member and has posted that his phone is always on, and if not answered, leave a message."

Latest resources

Back