• Commercial/Vendors welcome

HWH Question

Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web
Start with Paul. Chuck at Stewarts is sharp also.

Update: Looks as if the problem is in the jack pressure switch located at the top of the jack There are two sensors, one that lets the control board know the jack has moved downward past stowed point (and when it returns) and the second is the pressure switch. The pressure switch provides the control board feedback as to when 250 lbs of pressure have been achieved when the jack hits the ground. The pressure switch grounds when that occurs and stops the hydraulic pump (unless the level system calls for adjustment). It comes into play when the jack isn't needed for leveling i.e. the other jacks level due to the slope and the jack is only needed for stabilization. The control circuitry will lower the jack and send a signal to turn it off after the jack hits the surface and exerts 250 pounds of pressure. My challenge is now changing the pressure switch located at the top of the jack between the tag and drive axle. I don't think I can do it without removing the tag tire. It's a pretty tight fit. I've corresponded with Paul and HWH and will talk to Chuck at Stuart's tomorrow. Thanks again/

Just to "put a bow" on this - pressure switch is changed and the jacks work as designed!

Just to "put a bow" on this - pressure switch is changed and the jacks work as designed!
How did you get the old switch out and put the new one in as I have the same problem, and need to change mine between the drive and tag axle.
Thanks

I have the exact same issue at times. I just recycle the auto level sequence and it has always self corrected.
I guess I need to read the manual again but I can never figure out which arrows to push to manually level the coach. It does not seem very intuitive to me. If there was simply and up or down arrow for each jack it would be easier to understand. I just use the auto level for now but if I wanted to raise the wheels off the ground I would need to use the manual function.

forget the jacks when manually leveling. Think about your coach when pressing the arrows i.e. front up or rear up, etc.

I have the exact same issue at times. I just recycle the auto level sequence and it has always self corrected.
I guess I need to read the manual again but I can never figure out which arrows to push to manually level the coach. It does not seem very intuitive to me. If there was simply and up or down arrow for each jack it would be easier to understand. I just use the auto level for now but if I wanted to raise the wheels off the ground I would need to use the manual function.
My understanding is that the ability to raise one jack individually would also allow you to tweak your chassis, so instead you can manually raise either end or either side evenly. Looking at the arrows that way they make sense.

Latest resources

Back