Newmar
RV Model
Dutchstar
RV Length
TOW/TOAD
Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Fulltimer
No
Last few attempts to level my 2018 DS 4369 on a slightly left leaning slope resulted in three jacks extending and leveling the coach. Front and rear on the left side and front on the right passenger side. Right rear didn’t extend (and wasn’t needed to level the coach). The right rear will extend manually. Fluid level Is good. Engine on fast idle with over !3 volts supplied so low voltage isn’t an issue. Hadn’t had that happen before and was looking for some insight. Thanks. Russ

I don’t have auto-level, but what you describe makes sense if the spot was not only leaning left, but also low on the front.

I also have HWH system. I use auto level, verify with a 2ft level and adjust as needed.

Thanks, but the issue isn’t whether it levels, but the failure to deploy the right rear jack.

Last few attempts to level my 2018 DS 4369 on a slightly left leaning slope resulted in three jacks extending and leveling the coach. Front and rear on the left side and front on the right passenger side. Right rear didn’t extend (and wasn’t needed to level the coach). The right rear will extend manually. Fluid level Is good. Engine on fast idle with over !3 volts supplied so low voltage isn’t an issue. Hadn’t had that happen before and was looking for some insight. Thanks. Russ
I have had the same issue, or at least similar where the right rear jack did not fully extend. It has only occurred a few times the past 3 years and when it did, I just extended the one jack manually until it was on the ground. Not sure why it happened, but a few occasions out of several hundred does not concern me since they work well on most occasions.

Thanks, but the issue isn’t whether it levels, but the failure to deploy the right rear jack.
Can you manually lower that jack?

There is a guy that hangs out on several RV forums that works for HWH and offers free help to anyone that contacts him. His name is Paul Maddox , his email is [email protected], his phone # is 1-602-549-3638. He is a field tech and has worked for HWH for 20+ years. A good guy, helped me out when I needed it.

I appreciate all of the info and please keep the suggestions coming. I will drop Paul a note. Newmar suggested I check the pressure switch. I will but don’t think that is the issue. I believe it’s in the control module, but hate to start throwing parts indiscriminately at the problem. There is an HWH parts supplier in or near Nappanee that I used to buy parts in the past. They were cheaper than HWH- if anyone knows their number it would be helpful. I’m researching my records with no joy yet.

Thanks! Those are the guys!

Latest resources

Back