Welcome to RVForums.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends and let's have fun
  • Commercial/Vendors welcome
  • Friendliest RV community on the web

Cactus

RVF Newbee
Sold my MH a week ago and need to know if the RT210 from 2007 to 2018 are fairly easy to drive for an older (75 years old) driver. I have had 8 RVs and need a Class B that drives like a van, rather than a truck. Does the 210 exaust an older person driving it? Does it tow well? I will be towing a Ford Edge, i.e. a midsize SUV. I live in a small town and cannot get to drive several for sale as one would in a big city. Could some of you tell me about how it is to drive a 210 compared to a 190? I have been told by some that the 210 drives like a big truck and others say it is a pleasant experience. Please respond. Thanks, Cactus

Sorry. No one has chimed in here, and I don't have first hand experience, but I understand they are on the same chassis, with the 210 being a little heavier and slightly longer. Coming from a larger motor home though, I would guess it would probably feel easier to drive in comparison. Best to check with RT website for towing capacities though.

I'm 67 and drive an 06C210P and love it. Handles well and isn't really any different than driving a big van. I can't answer the part about towing as I have never towed anything but hope this isn't to late to help you out.

Sold my MH a week ago and need to know if the RT210 from 2007 to 2018 are fairly easy to drive for an older (75 years old) driver. I have had 8 RVs and need a Class B that drives like a van, rather than a truck. Does the 210 exaust an older person driving it? Does it tow well? I will be towing a Ford Edge, i.e. a midsize SUV. I live in a small town and cannot get to drive several for sale as one would in a big city. Could some of you tell me about how it is to drive a 210 compared to a 190? I have been told by some that the 210 drives like a big truck and others say it is a pleasant experience. Please respond. Thanks, Cactus
I have a 2002 RoadTrek 190. It drives great! Been cross country 4 times already from both coasts, and it’s very comfortable. I’m 67 years old, and healthy. We drove about 7-8 hours a day.
It’s the Chevy version. 3500.
My only advice is when going down a grade, from from D to 3 so you don’t burn out your brakes.

I have a 2002 RoadTrek 190. It drives great! Been cross country 4 times already from both coasts, and it’s very comfortable. I’m 67 years old, and healthy. We drove about 7-8 hours a day.
It’s the Chevy version. 3500.
My only advice is when going down a grade, from from D to 3 so you don’t burn out your brakes.
My new-to-me 2009 Roadtrek 210 is very comfortable to drive. I'm 60, new to RVs, and have a very twitchy back (broke it more than 30 years ago). It can take a bit to damp out rolling bumps in the road, but it's a gentle damping motion.

I am 75 and drive an 02 Roadtrek 200, I am not going to look it up but believe the 210 and 200 are on the same chassis. I have no issues driving the vehicle but do not tow, I do not like the inconvieniance of a toad, that said I see others towing and do not see complaints about it.

I just bought a 2001 190 Versatile with a Dodge 3500 5.9 motor. The steering is VERY sloppy vs. Ford E350 with a V-10. I know this is a known Dodge trait but has anyone installed aftermarket steering stabilizer system to "tighten " the steering? I know there is a "fix" on this just can't get a current pre-2003 190 Versatile Owner who's done this "fix"

I just bought a 2001 190 Versatile with a Dodge 3500 5.9 motor. The steering is VERY sloppy vs. Ford E350 with a V-10. I know this is a known Dodge trait but has anyone installed aftermarket steering stabilizer system to "tighten " the steering? I know there is a "fix" on this just can't get a current pre-2003 190 Versatile Owner who's done this "fix"
I have heard of a fix but know nothing about it. Keep in mind the vehicle came from RT and drove fine with no issues. It had no steering gixmo's, brand X tires or XYZ shocks. Likely something is worn, frame damage or heavy rust. I would be absolutely sure everything is up to factory before looking for an aftermarket fix. My opinion and worth what you are paying for it.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back